The shock hung in the common area, and after a few minutes of gloomy silence, Uraraka was the first to speak.

"You all know Eria, that idiot, is going to do something reckless right?"

Neither replied her, but they silently agreed.

"She's going to look for the villains responsible," Midoriya said. "If I were her, that's the best option to protect her family."

"It's suicidal," Iida commented. He clenched his fists, and Todoroki could tell from the remorseful expression on Iida's face that he was promptly reminded of his encounter with Stain. "We need to stop her."

"We don't know where she is."

"Could we track her down? We could hack into her phone and......"

"And what? Bring her back?" Todoroki stated harshly. All heads turned to look at him. "You know she won't back down. She's stubborn, reckless...... selfish, stupid brat who's just takes things for granted, thinking she would be fine by herself..."

His three friends looked at him, eyes glinting with concern. They knew Todoroki wasn't speaking about Takasaki anymore.

"Todoroki, it's not your fault," Midoriya said.

"If I had never left her alone, she wouldn't have to face her mother alone. If I stayed by her side, she wouldn't think stupidly and......" Todoroki said angrily.

......If I had insisted to go back to her house with her, she wouldn't......

......If I insisted to stay in the ward, I could stop her from leaving......

......If I was smart enough, I should have known what she would do......

Todoroki should have learned the lesson from years ago, when he was left alone with the pain aching over his left eye, while his mother was sent to the hospital. The pain he had gone through when his mother poured the boiling water... the helplessness when he realised it was his fault that caused his mother to become what she was... the weakness he felt when he couldn't do anything to protect his mother...

It was the same thing all over again, only this time, it happened to his best friend.

He knew how Iida had felt when his brother was attacked by Stain. He knew Iida would have decided on vengeance...... but why couldn't he predict the same thing with Takasaki?

Todoroki resented himself for his stupidity and ignorance.

I should have helped Takasaki to go through all these pain and agony, when no one helped me in the past...

I should have... when I had even promised to stay by her side, to protect her......

...what kind of a friend am I?

Iida touched Todoroki's shoulders. "No one should blame themselves. We should all just calm down and let the adults handle this. There is nothing we can do. I know it sounds harsh but...... I think this is the best option now."

Midoriya opened his mouth to retort but said nothing in the end. Todoroki remembered the last time he and Kirishima suggested to rescue Bakugou and Takasaki. It felt like ages ago, but the memory was imprinted clearly in his mind.

They were lucky, too lucky, to have escaped unscathed that time. One misstep, and all of them would come back as corpses.

Finally, the four of them decided to end the discussion and go to sleep, while praying that Takasaki would return in the morning, and Todoroki would be able to borrow the third book of Harry Potter, and see that bright smile of hers like nothing had happened......