18 | Stain

Eria

Todoroki released a stream of raging fire at the villain that was about to end Iida's life.

"Todoroki!" Midoriya, lying still on the ground, gasped. "You're... using your left side!"

"What are you doing here? Get out of here!" Paralysed, Iida screamed till the top of his lungs.

Todoroki's eyes fixated on the villain. The villain had a cloth covering his eyes and had multiple daggers in his arsenal. Just by looking at him, one could tell he was dangerous.

Immediately, the floor was covered in a sheath of ice. Todoroki raised ice beneath the paralysed Midoriya and the pro hero, which caused them rolling to his feet, away from the villain's clutches.

Todoroki stood proudly before the paralysed trio; his left arm covered in flames. "I won't let you kill them," he said, unfaltered.

"Todoroki! Don't let him consume your blood!" Midoriya shouted. "He probably constrains people's movement by consuming their blood!"

So that explains the daggers he held.

Todoroki prepared his battle stance, only to be met by a dagger that grazed his left cheek. It managed to distract him, to which the villain charged forward with a dagger. Ice blocked the villain's path, but he was not an easy foe to be hindered by mere ice.

When Stain threw that dagger at Todoroki, he also threw a katana in the air as a backup plan. It spun in the air, moments before it fell with its sharp tip aimed at Todoroki. Todoroki's attention was drawn away for a split second and Stain pulled the boy closer, his tongue going to lick the tiny drop of blood on the boy's cheek.

That moment, I launched myself from the top of the building, aiming at Stain with my sharp talons. As if he had sharp senses, Stain quickly withdrew himself, moments before I created a dent on his previous spot.

"I told you to wait for my signal," Todoroki hissed.

I ignored him. I could not afford to get distracted now.

"Another one," Stain clicked his tongue, annoyed.

"Takasaki... not you too..." Iida cried. "What are you doing here?"

"I will deal with you later, Iida," I said. "Plans?"

Todoroki shook his head. "Not really. Your white hair coming out?"

"Hope not."

Stain remained on the defensive, wary of my presence. He was not budging as he examined me closely.

Should I go? Should I not?

I glanced at Todoroki. "I'll cover you," he said. Immediately, ice lurched at Stain, who easily cut them into cubes with his katana. Stain agilely dodged every attack, jumping around like a pest. I read his movements and finally charged at him, knowing full well that I might miss.

And as predicted, Stain dodged my attack and swung his katana at me. I managed to parry it with my bare hands, the sharp sword barely grazing my scaly forearms. I crushed his sword into pieces while Todoroki launched a full brunt fire attack at us. The fire engulfed me and I was unharmed by the heat. However, Stain had dodged agilely, a part of his clothing left singed.

Within the flames, I located Stain with my Sixth Sense, and charged myself at him again. To my surprise, a surge pain rose from my left arm. Warm blood trickled down my arm as I realised a dagger was deeply lodged into my flesh.

Fuck! How did he—he aimed at my arm that was not covered with scales?

Holding back the pain, I withdrew from the battle, only to stop mid-air and falling to the ground face down. I couldn't move any parts of my body.