08 | Because you're my friend

Eria

"Eria-san! Do you want to go to have dessert with us?" asked Uraraka Ochako in her chirpy voice. Seeing her bright smile always lit me up. "We've decided to go to have fruit parfait today, me and Tsu-chan! You know, as a reward for ourselves."

"We've been practicing a lot lately just for the sports festival, so dessert is a must," added Tsuyu.

Fruits parfait...... It sounded tempting. "I'm sorry but I have err... more practicing to do," I said. "Maybe next time?"

Ochako pouted. "Okay......"

"Eria-chan, you've been practicing a lot lately. Are you sure you're... okay?" asked Tsuyu, feeling concerned.

I nodded. "Of course I am! I have to do my best in the sports festival so I have to..." A huge yawn interrupted my reply.

"You didn't look like you have much sleep lately, Takasaki-kun! It's essential to have good sleep!" Iida's voice boomed as he overheard the conversation.

"I'm fine. I'm fi-" I yawned again. My eyelids threatened to close.

"Takasaki-san, don't overexert yourself, okay?" said Midoriya. I didn't tell him about the news article I found though.

"No problem." I took out packets of soft candy from my bag. There were assorted flavours: white peach, apple, orange, mango etc. "Chewing these keeps me awake so I'm all fully prepped."

They gave each other looks, with concern brimming in their eyes. I waved them off and gathered my stuff to head home. As I was about to leave, I felt a pair of eyes trained on me. It was Todoroki Shouto. His eyes glued to my every movement.

I felt a shiver down my spine.

"Well look at the time I gotta go!" I shouted, avoiding his gaze.

"Who... are you talking to?" Kirishima looked at me quizzically.

"To myself of course hahahahaha!"

He looked at Kaminari and Sero, who both shrugged.

I quickly left the classroom and made sure no one was following me, especially Todoroki. I had a bad feeling he didn't completely believe what I told him that night.

"Demon girl."

I stopped dead in my tracks. "Bakugou?"

"You dropped this." His red eyes trained on me as he passed me a packet of soft candy.

"Oh. Thanks." I swore I put everything in my bag before I left, though. "Ermm... anything else?"

"You...... don't go fucking kill yourself."

"W-what?" Why does it look like he knows something?

He left without saying anything else. Usually he would have yelled at me or swore at me.

'Don't go fucking kill yourself.'

Bakugou Katsuki knows something. He knows what I'm up to.

***

I tried to shake off the fact that Bakugou might knew my secret. How did he know? How much did he know?

"Oh well, better think about that later. I've got something else to think of."

I looked down from the edge of 10-storey building in U.A's training area. My toes were half hanging in the air at the edge.

"I have to do this. I have to," I muttered to myself.

Why was I here? Simple. I deduced that to trigger my hidden demon quirk, I needed to be in some sort of a pinch. For the past few days, I was chased by vicious dogs, swam in a fast river, and some other very ridiculous stuff to trigger my quirk. But all of it failed. I'd been training all the time that I barely had time to sleep.