24 | Target

Eria

"Line up and board the bus properly!"

Classes 1-A and 1-B gathered at the school for the long-awaited summer camping trip. Since it was the first time the whole class travelled together, everyone was hyped. On the bus, the class chatted happily and passed around treats, causing a cacophony that irked Aizawa-sensei.

I was sitting in the far end of the bus, enjoying the empty seats all by myself when a ruckus in front drew my attention.

"Todoroki, why don't I switch places with you?" said Midoriya in the far front. "I'm much smaller."

"It's okay," was Todoroki's calm reply.

Ashido stifled a laughter. "Todoroki looks completely out of character sitting on a foldable chair!"

I stretched my neck out and took a peek. Todoroki was sitting on a small foldable chair in the middle of the walkway, so that the ill Aoyama could lie down on two seats. It was such a small chair that it did not look comfortable for someone of Todoroki's size.

I chuckled. Such a kind boy. Looks kinda' cute too.

"...... does anyone care if I look out of character sitting on a foldable chair?" Todoroki replied, confused.

"Todoroki! You could sit in the back with Eria, you know!" Hagakure suggested.

"But she said she wanted to enjoy the ride alone in the back."

"It's okay, Todoroki. I don't mind," I said.

Hearing my answer, Todoroki's face lit up even though his facial expressions were barely visible. Carefully he treaded across the walkway while the bus moved rather steadily.

"Hi," said Todoroki with a small smile.

"Hey."

We stayed silent for the most of the trip, occasionally sharing some small talk. An hour later, the bus stopped for a toilet break. I stepped down the bus, enjoying the fresh air but weirdly, there was no toilet anywhere. It was a small empty cliff with a dense forest below.

Suddenly, four pro heroes named the Wild Wild Pussycats came out from the limousine that was parked at the cliff before our arrival. Aizawa-sensei announced the summer camp training has already begun, to our horror. The earth beneath us rumbled like an earthquake and it exploded, sending all of the students in the air and falling down to the forest below.

The current task was to reach the base camp before lunch while facing countless 'monsters' on the way. These monsters were created from the earth by one of the Pussycats pro hero, Pixie Bob. Since it was made from earth, it could be easily defeated yet it also meant with its abundant source, we would be facing hundreds of them along the way.

In the beginning, everyone was pumped to take down the monsters. But as time passed, fatigue slowed us down and our empty stomachs worsened things.

It was torturing for me to operate on an empty stomach. My quirk tends to use up a lot of energy so I needed time to recuperate or eat to replenish my energy. However, the current situation was not allowing me time to rest. Every time after I punched a monster into pieces, another one showed up.

Oh well, I'll just have to take this as some endurance test and push myself beyond my limits.

Usually, I could maintain my quirk up to two hours non-stop. Now, that limit had long passed. It was straining myself to keep my demon form activated and the overuse of my Sixth Sense made my head spin.

"Are you alright?" Shoji asked as one of his limbs pulled me away from a monster that tumbled down.

I shook my head. "How long more till the base camp?"