14 | Versus Bakugou

Eria

"Let the second match begin!"

The moment Todoroki launched his ice at Midoriya, the latter shattered the ice by breaking his finger. Each time Todoroki relentlessly launched his lethal ice, each time Midoriya sacrificed a finger to blow the ice away. Midoriya only had 10 fingers, and already he had used up five of it.

Midoriya... this is your plan of helping Todoroki?

You better not kill yourself or lose your hands over this.

"I'll be up against you next, Bakugou! Let's have a good fight!" Kirishima's voice drew my attention.

"I'll kill you," was Bakugou's typical reply.

"But man, you and Todoroki can shoot off powerful attacks that cover a lot of ground. Like 'bam!'," added Kirishima.

"I'm not just shooting them off. Don't underestimate them," replied Bakugou while he fixated on the match. "If you overuse your muscles, your muscle fibers tear."

Physical limitations, huh? I have my own physical limitations. If I overused my Sixth Sense, I could get severe headaches and the worse case scenario, a fainting spell. If I overused my demon quirk, my quirk would forcibly deactivate itself and I would lose all the strength in me to move.

In Midoriya's case, it would be his fingers; for Todoroki, it would be his body temperature, I guess. This explained why Todoroki prefer to end his matches quick so that his body temperature doesn't go too low because he refused to use his fire.

I hope you know what you are doing, Midoriya. Saving that Icy Hot takes a lot.

Midoriya finally resorted to using his fist, blasting away Todoroki and breaking his left arm in the process. However, Todoroki managed to stay within bounds.

Even though he lost all his options, Midoriya managed to blow away the ice again, this time with his broken finger.

That idiot! Why are you going so far?

"You're trembling, Todoroki. There's a limit to how much cold you can take, right? Isn't it a problem that can be solved if you used your fire?" said Midoriya as he struggled to raise his right hand. "Everyone is fighting their best to win and get closer to their dream... but you want to win by only using half of your strength? You haven't lay a scratch on me yet. Come at me with everything you got!"

I clenched my fists. "I can't watch this," I muttered. Midoriya is doing his best to help Todoroki but I'm just counting on him and watching like a bystander?

I want to do something to help too.

"There's no way I can know all of your circumstances. But for you to become Number 1 without giving it all, right now, I think you should stop screwing around!" Midoriya continued to charge at Todoroki, who seemed fazed at the moment to retaliate.

Abruptly, something snapped within Todoroki as raging flames erupted from his left side. It was a magnificent sight. The intense heat was felt at every corners of the stadium. Beads of sweat flowed down my face as the heat scorched my skin.

"You son of a bitch... you made him use his left side," I laughed with disbelief. I remembered Todoroki had said he would never use his left side in battle.

At last it was endgame. Both competitors gathered their final strength and charged at each other. Upon impact, a large explosion occurred, sending a powerful heatwave that resonated within the stadium. The cool air that Midoriya created expanded as it met with Todoroki's flames. The cement created by Cementoss to cushion the