22 | Puberty

Eria

Lucifer. The villain called me Lucifer.

The words played in my mind ever since the villain attack yesterday. After a night of tossing around in bed, it finally dawned on me.

Why did he call me that? I'm not Lucifer......

My mother insisted on sending me to school by her car while picking up Todoroki on the way. She made sure we were safely within the school compound, though she doubted it was never safe anymore.

"You alright?" asked Todoroki as we walked to class.

"I think so," I said.

"Did the whole 'Lucifer' thing bother you?"

I stopped and looked at him. "You were thinking about that too?"

Todoroki nodded. "I wondered why he said that. You're not Lucifer."

Remembering the villain hissing the word Lucifer gave me the chills. I started to tremble again.

"We're safe now," Todoroki reassured. "Don't worry."

"If we were really safe, how did villains attack us twice?" I questioned.

"What are you still doing out here? Get into class," Aizawa-sensei hissed as he appeared behind us out of nowhere.

We hurriedly entered class before angering our teacher.

After clearing his throat, Aizawa-sensei announced. "Since yesterday's unexpected incident, the school authorities had a serious discussion. We apologise for the weakness in our security that caused harm to our students. However, we praise their calmness and intelligence in avoiding battle from the villain. Even though they did not fulfill the requirements of passing the exam, considering the situation, they have proved well to be able to handle a villain in real life. So, Todoroki, Takasaki, you pass."

As the class let out sighs of relief and cheers of joy, I finally remembered. Oh yeah. I forgot about the exam.

Todoroki turned around. "Congratulations, we passed. Now you owe me cold soba."

I lit up a faint smile. "Thanks, Todoroki. I couldn't have done it without you."

"Sensei, any leads on the villains?" Tsuyu raised up her hand and asked.

"Unfortunately, no. The teleportation quirk used by the villains was quite tricky. I know this sounds ironic, but I will continue to safeguard all your safety and make sure no harm comes in your way."

I really hope they do. Another villain attack with scary illusions will shatter my mentality.

Aizawa-sensei continued to announce that the whole class was still going onto the summer training camp, despite a few of us failing the physical exams. As class dismissed, someone suggested to go shopping for camp necessities.

"Not interested in joining you punks," huffed Bakugou, who left after shooting me a glare. Was glaring at me now his favourite pastime?

"Sorry, I have to visit my mother today," added Todoroki.

"READ THE ATMOSPHERE, YOU IDIOTS!" Mineta shouted angrily.

"You sure you're okay going back alone?" Todoroki asked me. I nodded.

"Don't worry, she has me," Ochako showed her thumbs-up.

Todoroki's eyebrows slightly creased. "Okay. I'll see you then. I'll wait for your cold soba."