Chapter 5: Elevator

Start from the beginning

"Ali," Marcus spoke bringing me out of my inner thoughts. I remained quiet looking out the window as he drove. "Ali, talk to me."

"You scared me." I whispered, my voice coming out a bit hoarse.

"Ali, I didn't mean to scare you, I never want you feeling scared of me and I'm sorry. I just can't stand seeing my mate being disrespected."

"You said mate..." I said looking at him.

"I did." He said smiling over at me before returning his gaze back to the road.

"What does it mean?" I asked turning more towards him, giving him my full attention and focus.

"Well, I'll tell you later ok, now isn't the time for it." He frowns slightly after saying this but I just nod and look out the window.

"Hey, can we stop by the hospital? I wanna see momma." I asked. I have been to the hospital almost every day since she was admitted...

Every day I'll go to the little gift shop they had and get her a card that says get well soon or some of her favorite flowers daddy would sometimes give her when he got back from work.

Coming to the gift shop, I looked over the cards and smiled getting the one shaped like a penguin with a small band-aid on its forehead.

"Going with the penguin this time?" Smiled the guy behind the cash register. He was tall not as tall as Marcus but anyone over my five foot five height was considered tall in my eyes. He had dirty brown colored hair and regular brown eyes.

He was always working the cash register when I came to visit momma. We'll stop and have our little conversations and then I leave. He was nice to talk to while I waited on Marcus to get the visitor's passes.

"Yeah, I figured she'll like this one when she wakes up." I smiled down at the card.

"You say that about every card you buy, I'm sure that room is filled with half the cards in this store by now." he smiled eyeing me. I smiled back being polite handing him the card to pay. "So um, Ali... my shift ends at three... I was wondering if you wanna-"

"Ali." I turned seeing Marcus and smiled taking one of the passes he had. Marcus kissed my cheek but a annoyed look started to formed on his face as he eyed the guy.

"Oh Marcus this is Trevor, Trevor this is-" Before I could finish, Marcus interrupted.

"Her boyfriend." he said sternly. A nice little blush crept on my face as well as a smile that I couldn't hide. My boyfriend, I have a boyfriend. I never had one I didn't know we were pass the friend stage though I have to admit I'm glad he said it.

"Are you ready, Ali?" Marcus asked looking at me.

"Yup." I said popping to P at the end. "Bye." I waved a goodbye to Trevor, looping my arm with that of Marcus and made our way to the elevators.

"I don't like him." Marcus said as we're now on the elevator. It was only us and momma's room was on the tenth floor.

"Who?"

"The cashier." He grumbled looking into the larger mirror wall.

"Why? Trevor is a nice guy." I smiled.

"I don't want you talking to him anymore." Was all he said as he pushed the emergency stop button making the elevator jerk and stop.

I watched as him stalked towards me and my legs took a step back on their own accord.

"Don't run mate, you won't get far..." he smirked cagging me in his arms our foreheads touching lightly.

"I- I wasn't going to..." I whispered and he chuckles lightly peering deeply into my eyes and instantly I could feel a tingling sensation all over me from head to toe. This might sound corny but I felt butterflies in my belly. God, Marcus has my mind always a scrambling  mess. Whenever he's around me I feel happy and well... complete. Like I belong with him and him me.