"Who else?" I send him a cocky grin.

"Just cuz you're ten feet tall don't mean I'm short, Vin."

"I'm not ten feet tall," I mutter.

"Who's that?" Derek nods toward Barret.

"Barret. Acts all tough, but he's a real softie," I smirk. "Don't tell him I told you that."

"All right, morons, your princess has arrived!" Yuffie announces when she joins us, arms in the air.

"Oh joy," Cid scoffs and she scowls at him.

"This ninja will shove a shuriken up your butthole, Gramps."

"I'm guessing that's Yuffie?" The boy says, cocking his head to the side.

"Yeah," I nod. "Eventually-to-be Lady of Wutai."

"Eventually?"

"She gave up her first chance to her cousin when her father died because she didn't feel ready to rule. So when he resigns, which he said he would soon, she's up for the throne."

"Sounds like she'd be a snob."

"Far from it, usually. She's not into the whole empress thing."

"You talkin about me?" She grins, skipping over. "I'm Yuffie!"

"... Hi."

"Aw, cmon, you're no fun," she rolls her eyes with that huge smile and sticks her hand out.

"I'm Derek," he finally says, shaking it.

"I had cat named Derek once. He died."

"Oh. That's... Nice, I guess?"

"Yuffie, quit weirding him out," I roll my eyes.

"But I had sugar this morning!"

"Crap," I sigh.

"What?" Derek looks between us.

"For Yuffie, alcohol and sugar are equal."

"They are not! I admit everything when I'm drunk!" She squeals.

"You're also annoying," I scoff.

"Fine, meanie," she sticks out her tongue before making her way to Cloud.

"Sorry about that whole thing a little bit ago, I didn't mean to..." Tifa trails off when she sees Derek. "Oh hey! Getting acquainted I see."

"Uh, sure. I guess you could say that," I frown.

"We've arrived, dorks. Get your behinds off my ship and go shoppin or whatever," Cid smirks, pulling out a cigarette that Shera snatches away before fishing the pack from his pocket with a scowl. He gives an innocent shrug before she pinches his arm. He gives a yelp that makes all us laugh and Shera's face lights up with a proud smirk. Never mess with a pregnant woman, Cid.

"Cmon," Tifa steps between me and Derek and links our arms together. Both the boy and I are equally confused, but we are being forced to follow anyway, so here we go.

I can see Yuffie literally shoving Cloud out of the ship, claiming that fresh air is good for him and land is good for her. Shera's still scolding Cid loudly enough that I could catch a few words if I tried. Barret, Red and Cait Sith are probably gonna just hang around the town and Cid might join them if Shera stops yelling at him eventually. Yuffie follows us three into the first shop Tifa takes us to. She releases me and looks at Derek, who I just noticed is taller than her by a couple inches. Probably about the same height as Cid.