Alec chuckled lightly and gave his head a shake. He had a feeling one day this woman was going to be a playfully annoying thorn in his side. "Actually I'm calling to cancel," he stated softly.

"Oh" Teddy answered him softly. "Did something go wrong?"

"Its nothing like that" Alec reassured her. "Nothing bad of course. Stephanie finally let me back into our bed last night and she's insisting on going out tonight. A date night I guess you could say. I suppose I could tell her no, but it's been a while since she and I have had any time alone. "

"Oh I see" Teddy stated gently.

"I hope it isn't any inconvenience" Alec apologized. "I really am sorry that it was such short notice. I just feel terrible about cancelling. But I really don't want to deny this small request for my wife."

"Of course" Teddy said. "You're wife will always come first."

Alec sighed, "It isn't like that Teddy. You know I would never put one of you over the other. To me you are all family. And I wouldn't abandon my daughters. Do you think they are going to be okay with this? I mean if they really will have a hard time with me breaking this promise than I can change my plans with Steph."

Teddy sighed through the phone. "No. You don't need to change things with your wife. I honestly understand it. You need to have time to date with her still. You guys are a couple after all. Trust me I understand. And the girls will too."

"They wont be too disappointed will they?" Alec asked softly. "I wouldn't be able to handle if I upset them."

"No" Teddy answered carefully. "They'll be alright I swear. It wont is a big deal."

"Okay great" Alec smiled slightly. "We will reschedule right?" he asked. He wasn't going to pass up on a chance to see his daughters. If he's missed out on spending time with the girls of course he is going to plan another night out with them. "I can come by and take you guys out for dinner later this week. Or we can head out to the park one afternoon."

"Yeah we will definitely find another date to get together," Teddy agreed. "I am sure the girls will love it. Text me when you're free."

"Alright" Alec said. "Thank you for understanding."

Teddy said farewell and hung up the phone. This left Alec alone and time to now grab his quick shower before getting ready for work.

Teddy was disappointed in Alec to say the least. For weeks all he wanted was to spend time with the girls, and now he was canceling. What was she suppose to think of that? She couldn't really blame Alec could she? Sure she was upset by it. But he hadn't made other plans. His wife had forced this on him. And he couldn't say no.

Although she wished he had turned her down. She had been excited to see him – just as the girls were. Over the past couple weeks she had actually grown attached to the man. Now she felt her heart drop slightly at the let down of not having the man come around tonight.

A part of her mind couldn't help but to think was it possible that Stephanie had done this on purpose. The wife had never seemed entirely supportive. From the short time Teddy knew the women it seemed what she wanted she easily got. If she wanted the night alone with Alec, than she was probably going to throw a fit until she got it. So Teddy understood where Alexander was coming from.

But she was disappointed that she was going to let her little girls down. She didn't want them feeling forgotten. Alec had promised them he was going to come over today and now she needed to be the one that lets them down.

Putting off the news for the day the women put her focus into work. She was doing some spring-cleaning of organizing the books and clearing out the clutter. Charley and Joey were tucked away in the corner and playing with their dolls. Going through boxes Teddy struggled with focusing on the task. Continuously she glanced towards her daughters. She had yet to tell them about Alec being their daddy and she hadn't even brought up the pregnancy yet. She couldn't very much continue hiding the baby bump. It was already a struggle. And with the weather getting hotter sooner rather than later she would need to change out of these wooly sweaters.