Chapter 17 : Late Night Mara

Nick's P.O.V

Call me crazy , but after today I couldn't sleep. It felt great to actually be able to have fun with a girl and not worry. She made it easy not to worry. I wanted her to know that. I VERRRRY slowly got out of bed. I VERRRRY quietly made my way out of our room and over to hers. It was pitch black. Obviously Nick. She's sleeping. I creeped up... okie different word- I walked up to the side of her bed and pulled back the covers just enough for me to get in them. I made myself comfortable then slid my arm around her. I squeezed her tight. She jerked away and looked at me. I didn't know what to do so I froze. When she saw me she just flipped her body around and snuggled into my body. I saw her mouth smile while I watched her. My arms were tightly around her and our legs were wrapped around each other. Subconsciously my hand went up and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. I gently caressed her cheek with my thumb while my other fingers made their way under her chin. She's so beautiful.

It's not that I couldn't sleep, It's that I didn't want to. I kissed her cheek softly, lingering on that spot for a few seconds longer. I followed her bottom lip from the middle to the corner slightly. I want those. I kissed her cheek in a different spot. Then another. And another. I kissed her forehead. Then again. I watched her eyes stay perfectly still while the corners of her mouth perked up little by little. She snuggled in tighter. I felt the heat radiating from her body. I played with the hem on the side of her shirt. Going down then up and down again. I kissed her nose quickly. When I went to kiss her cheek again I accidentally got the corner of her mouth. My face got hot. Oh god... did she feel that?? I did it again a little closer to the middle. A tingle shivered down my body. I hesitated for a moment. I tensed up when she moved suddenly. Her faces turned up towards mine. Her lips were centimeters away from mine. I stared at them wondering whether I should do it. It's not like I haven't already kissed her... today... I wanted to. I really fucking wanted to. While I laid there staring at her lips debating whether or not to make the space between us disappear, I did not notice she had opened her eyes and was watching me. You know, until she smiled at me. My eyes widened then shot up to hers. I blushed embarrassed until she placed her hand on the back of my neck and pulled me down to her lips. I was shocked for a few seconds. I relaxed into the kiss and slid my hand down to her thigh. I gripped it and pulled her closer to me. I began getting dominant with my kisses. Demanding her lips against mine. My hands were gripping her all over and pulling her closer and scratching her back. She was playing with my hair. I crawled halfway on top of her and gripped her thigh. Before we got too far I stopped. We were breathing heavy. Out of breath I began speaking, "ummm I'm sorry .. I - I can't..." She looked at me expectantly. I didn't know how to finish and she seemed to understand because she said, "Nicki... I love you.. you don't have to be afraid to speak to me about anything. I'm not going to pressure you. I understand, it's okie." I smiled at her. "It's not you-" I started when she interrupted. "I know bebeee it's alright. You don't have to tell me until you're ready," she said. I kissed her to quiet her down. She smiled and blushed a bit. "I've had a rough past and ... I just... I don't want to lose you too.. I was scared to even try anything with you.." I said. She pinched my cheek and but her lip. "You'll never lose me. We're best friends , come on. I'll always have you guys and you'll always have me," she said. I was relieved. I asked her if we could cuddle and she agreed. We snuggled into each other and fell fast asleep.

###

I woke up. She wasn't laying next to me. I looked around the room and couldn't find her. I ran out of the room and all the way outside. I searched frantically , but the surrounding area was completely vacant. Which is weird because there are people everywhere at any time of Coachella. I sat down on a bench and thought for a few minutes. Where would she go?? OH MY GOD! I got up and ran all the way to the docks. The peer. There she was. Sitting at the end like we were earlier today. Her hand was next to her on the dock, like she was waiting for somebody. It's like that whole thing today didn't happen and I wasn't there to be with her. Like everything in my past prevented me from taking the leap. I tried to run to her , but my legs wouldn't move. I reached out for her although she didn't see me. This is it. My worst nightmare. Oh god. I've lost her. She's gone. Not again. I won't let it happen again.