Steve and Tony on the other hand, basically examined me. They walked as close to the bars as you could get and just... stared at me. Tony was looking me directly in the eyes while Steve was looking at my feet for some reason.

"Natasha says you have something to tell us," Steve said after he was done analyzing me.

I glanced at Natasha, who winked at me to continue. "Um, yeah. I wanted to tell you the story," I coughed. "The truth," I added. They sat down and Tony propped his feet up. "Truth away," he motioned with his hand for me to start.

"Okay, so during the attack on the city, I was walking home with Peter. We both heard chaos downtown, like people screaming and stuff. So, Peter stripped off his clothes and had his suit on underneath. He took off to go help and I picked up his clothes and returned them to his Aunt May. Then, I went back to my apartment. Until," I emphasized, "I called to see if Peter was okay and you told me to come to the tower. Then I came over here and all of this started to unfold. And now I've been locked up for crimes I didn't commit."

Tony and Steve were nodding along the whole time, whereas Peter kept his head lowered and didn't say a word. He didn't even move.

"Peter?" Tony asked. "Do you have something to say?"

Peter nodded his head no, but then quickly changed his mind. He finally lifted his head, glanced at me, and sighed. "He's telling the truth. I heard the commotion while I was with him."

"So everything started while Harley was still right beside you?" Steve questioned.

"Yep," Peter confirmed.

"Well then it couldn't have been him," Tony concluded. "If Harley was there with Peter when they heard the screams downtown, then Harley couldn't have done it. He can't be in two places at once."

"Well, at this point, I'm not so sure anymore," Peter scoffed. "Apparently we have two Harley's on our hands."

I facepalmed. "Peter," I whispered harshly and gave him a menacing look.

"There are two of me! Or more! There must be... I can't be in two places at once but apparently I have been. While some other guy impersonating me was in this jail cell, I was taking a taxi to get here. He must have escaped pretty quickly. Maybe you should up your security," I muttered.

"What was that?" Tony glared at me.

"Nothing, nothing."

"Peter," Steve turned to Peter, who was sniffling softly like he was crying. My heart ached. I just want to give him a hug...

"Go call your Aunt May and ask her if Harley really did return your clothes to her. If she confirms it as true, then we'll really know that this Harley is telling the truth because that was in the middle of the chaos."

He nodded and left the room, scrolling through his contacts list on the way out.

Three minutes later, he walked back in and sat down. We all looked at him eagerly.

"So?!" I asked with a little aggressiveness. I just wanted all of this to be over as soon as possible.

"She said yes, he did come over to drop my clothes off. He stayed and talked to her for a while because she was worried sick about me and he assured her that I'd be fine." He said it with bitterness, like he didn't believe it for a single moment. "And then she went on a long rant about how I'm 'so irresponsible' and how I'm going to be grounded for 2 months."