And with one last angry huff, she jogged ahead to catch up with Chris.

"They are going to be so cute together." Richie gushed, making Ama chuckle.

Marcus Jenkins' personal study was one of the few rooms in the main house that kept a more or less original design. It housed a large mahogany desk, tall oak bookshelves and a cosy looking fireplace.

Marcus Jenkins himself had the air of a man who appreciates anything from before the war, judging by the classics he kept around the house.

"You called... Sir." Graham said, his voice coming out more meekly that he intended.

"Ah yes Graham.. have a seat." He said, motioning to the seat opposite him.

Graham sat down slowly, rubbing his sweaty palms on the front of his jeans.

"Don't be nervous son. I only want to get to know you more."

Graham nodded, not being able to fabricate a response.

"Now I'd like to start with your reputation."
Graham gulped, he was ruined.

"I've heard that in the past you were quite the man. But I don't blame you, I've been there myself, the bachelor life dose have its perks huh... But I am also aware of your back story... About Eva."

Some sort of sympathy was shown in Marcus' expression, sympathy and understanding.

"You've met my mother Lanette, have you not?"

"Yes sir."

"What do you think of her?"

"She was very nice, and she's beautiful. She... Looks very young..."

Marcus chuckled. "Did you know she's a lesbian?"

Graham tried not to show his surprise as much as his confusion. "No... I did not."

"Well, my mother was an only child and heiress to this estimate, but there was competition from a distant cousin. A greedy man to say the least, who didn't know how to take defeat. He'd tried multiple times to hurt my mother when she was a child, including attentive kidnapping. They had to file a restraining order on him.

"On my mother's 14th birthday, she came out to her family and was met with support from every one. She even had a girlfriend. But her uncle took that as an opportunity to get at them. So one day, when Lanette and her girlfriend, Shri, were out on a date, he cornered them in an ally. He made Shri watch him rape my mother repeatedly and when he was done, he made my mother watch him choke Shri to death."

The room was silent for a while, it was a truly tragic story.

"My mother was found to be pregnant with twins. Me and my sister Emilie. She says we were the only good things that came out of that day, but she was traumatized, having lost the love of her life in the process.

"I'm telling you this because I know you've been ina similar situations, and you must know. It could happen again. I know it's only been a week, but I am so so greatful that you and Ama are together. I know I may not be her real farther, or even know where he is, but she is mine none the less. I've been with her all her life, believe it or not. I've felt what she's been through, I've seen her at her at her worst, at her best. I've seen what those Migosa bastards have done to her. I've experienced the damage Eric has caused.

"I just want to say thank you for what you've done for her. I know the bond you share. You love my daughter."

"With all my heart." Graham replied firmly.