73

The inauguration ceremony had gone smoothly, the park had been overwhelmed. The people where happy. Vincent was happy. Ama and Graham were happy.

They held each others hands in the car on the way to the after-party. Ama wore a stunning, sky blue, floor length, silk gown with an opening on one side, giving it the effect of a waterfall. Her hair was pulled back in an elaborate updo with ringlets falling over her back and shoulders. Matched with diamond jewelry she'd received over the holidays from Lanette, and a blue Chanel purse, big enough to hide Graham's gift in.

She'd had the ultrasound mere hours before they left, she couldn't stop the tears flowing at the sight of her unborn child. She just hoped that Graham would be just as elated.

He sat next to her, looking as handsome as ever. He'd slicked his hair back, obviously the insufferable cowlick disagreed. He wore the classic black three piece with a shirt and bowtie. But under that she knew there was a special pendant she'd got him for Christmas, with a secret inscription that only they knew about.

He was in his own world, an exited little glint in his eyes. He'd been wait for this day to come. Finally he was going to propose to her. The ring box sat comfortably in his pocket. He'd been itching to bust it open and pop the question all day. But he was patient, the moment was fast approaching.

They arrived at the venue and took their seats in the hall. As tradition went, Vincent and Cynthia-May took the first dance. Swaying gently in the centre of the stage. Next on stage was Veronica and Gustavo, smiling at each other as the swayed in each others arms.

Graham and Ama came on next. They hugged eachother close, Graham unaware of tha child in Ama's womb, Ama unaware of the ring box in his pocket.

More people joined them in stage and soon the dance was over. The music quietned down but no body left the stage.

Ama looked around confused, Graham chuckled at her.

"You're so cute." He mumbled.

He quickly kissed her cheek before going down on one knee.

The crowd erupted in gasps and chatter, but all Ama could hear was her heart, pounding loudly in her ears. She looked down into those green blue eyes, senses heightened, nothing could prepare her for what came next.

"Lukama Jenkins. I love you." He smiled. "But you knew that already."

He kissed vher hands tenderly, looking for the right words to say. "In the months that I've spent with you, I've realized, that there is no woman in the world like you. You're unique and special. Ama you are the most precious person I have. I want to be with you, love you for the rest of my life."

Ama could feel the blood drush to her face, her nose tingled and unshed tears welled up in her eyes.

"So I only have one thing to ask of you. To hold my heart as I hold yours. Lukama Jenkins, will you marry me?"

Those four words. Those four word would change them forever. The silence between them was but a second, but time slowed down all the same. The diamond ring gleamed bring in the light.

They were alone in their own world.

Just the two of them.

"Yes." Ama gasped, finding her voice. Happy tears streamed down her face. "Yes."

She fell to her knees and hugged him, clutched onto him for dear life. They pulled back and kissed eachother.

"I'll never let you down. I promise." He whispered into her ear as he slid the ring on her finger. "I love you, so much."