~6~

Laughter drifted through the air and poured through the windows of The Hamster Wheel nightclub. It was like any other Friday evening here and Ama was in the company of her step brother Richie, letting herself be distracted by his petty tale of a woman wanting to book a party room for her birthday.

"I was like 'Girl I don't care if it's your motherfucking birthday, there is no way you're bringing drugs into my club.'. Good lord the bitch had the nerve to have a go at me. Like honey I own this damn club, I could terminate your membership!"

Ama chuckled at his exaggeration, Richie was full of surprises. She remembered the first time she'd met him. He took her hand and practically dragged her up to the top floor of her step-father's house, claiming that 'There is no way you're living with me not looking like royalty'.

Ama had burst into tears at this, her previous life had taught her what happened to royalty, how they were treated. The title was nothing to be proud of, not at all. She hated where she had been before, a dark and dangerous place to be. She was fortunate that her mother had found Marcus Jenkins. He'd saved them.

There was nothing she could do to thank him enough, and his sudden illness the year before had taken a toll on her. He'd been a father to her and loved her like his own, she couldn't bare to think what could happen to him.

"Oh sis. What's wrong honey-bun? Why do you look so sulky in a nightclub baby girl?" Richie asked, keeping up the constant stream of questions.

"I-I" She stuttered. "I just miss Papa so much and I wish he didn't have to be ill and I wish he could be here to help me launch the campaign for 'Royal'. And I wish I didn't have a play-boy as a business partner." Ama blurted out, always finding it hard to keep her feeling from Richie.

He slipped his arm around her waist and enveloped her in a big flowery hug.

"Oh honey, Papa's a strong man, he won't let any sort of sickness nail him to a bed for the rest of his life. He made a promise to see you and Beth married and with a growing family before he met his maker, he's not going anywhere. Don't fret it sweetie, he's got Mum looking after him, I bet you their getting funky all over that penthouse of theirs."

"Gross Richie!" Ama exclaimed, pinching her brother's middle.

"What!! It's true, they love each other so much they just can't keep it their pants. I mean Efi is way better for him than that bitch of a mother who almost raised me." He spat, screwing his nose at the idea of his real mother being in his life.

"Richie don't say that about her."

"And why not!! Not after what she tried to do to us!! Anyway..." He started, a sly smile sneaking onto his face. "Tell me about this playboy business partner. Who is he? Do I know him."

Ama giggled, turning towards the dance floor. There he was, she'd seen him enter The Hamster Wheel, but didn't bother engaging herself with him. It wasn't like she didn't like him, he was a playboy and that was enough for her to keep her distance. She wanted to keep their relationship strictly business, despite any sort of attraction they may share.

Wanting to know what she was staring at, Richie leaned over Ama's shoulder.

"Ama, girl, what are you looking at." He whispered in her ear.

And almost on queue, Graham took the moment to notice he was being watched. He was wearing the stupid smirk of his and jutted his head for her to join him on the dance. When she shook her head at the offer, Graham simply shrugged and danced harder, letting his body follow the lead of the girl grinding against him.

"OH! MY! LORD!! NO! FUCKING!! WAY!!" Richie squealed in Ama's ear. "Your business partner for 'Royal' is Graham Banks!! I thought you were kidding when you said playboy."