Peaceful Days... No?

The days passed by normally after that, and Alt-nii had gradually calmed down. I was now used to seeing Alt-nii with Rurune, and everyone in the family was also getting used to Rurune's presence.

Before long, I was allowed to experience the [Adventure] class, entering the [adventure field]. Luckily enough, me and my friends managed to form a group with Alt-nii, Clavis, and Harvey~! These trio seemed to be together... wait Alt-nii, what about your other friends??

Ah well, I guess they also had their own circle of friends, so it couldn't be helped.

However, we were only allowed to roam at the lower levels, gaining a better grasp about this [adventure] thing.

...We were only observing for the first few runs, though. As we also tried to figure out our roles in the [adventure] class. After all, we were only given a limited time to try this [adventure] thing—as the rest of the time was allocated to the other classes—especially the [Practical] class.

For the time being, we tried to fight the little monsters while Iris was assisting us. She basically had no combat ability, so yeah... But her assistance greatly helped us.

I had no special impression about this adventure thing, as I had experienced a similar thing when I was Reinst. Training my swordsmanship with monsters back then was also a routine. The type of small monsters was more or less similar to my previous school's adventure field, albeit there were differences.

"What's this? It's nothing special, it's just a small exercise," Carbuncle also stated her honest impression upon trying to hunt the monsters here.

"Eeh, it's quite fun, though?" Luca added.

"Y-yeah, we haven't trained with monsters that often," Kiri added.

"P-poor monsters...," Iris also added her comment.

"......" Meanwhile, I was speechless.

"Eeeh, what about you, Lyra? How was it?" Alt-nii suddenly asked me.

I can't remain speechless, right?

"Eeh, uhm... it's... it's exciting?" I wasn't sure how I should answer...

"...You don't look all that excited to me...," Clavis-nii added.

"Uh... well..."

Somebody, help!!

"Haha, we're still at the lower areas, so maybe you haven't felt the excitement yet," Harvey came to my rescue.

Eeh, so you're kind enough, huh, Harvey? Well, as expected of Iris' childhood friend...?

Just like that, I continued to pass my peaceful days leisurely...

Leisurely training, leisurely going to the school, leisurely studying, leisurely playing...

Improving my abilities slowly like this also felt nice. Back then, I wanted to improve my abilities as quick as possible, so I didn't quite enjoy the process. But it seemed like "improving my abilities" had become a routine to me, so I felt empty without doing it.

Still, compared to my past life, these days were more enjoyable.

How nice if things could stay this way...

However, changes are inevitable.

Unbeknownst to us, it seems like something is about to happen.

"Cyan, how was it?"

One day, Mom asked with a worried tone at Dad, who just returned home... quite late... again.

Dad shook his head with a bitter smile.