Special Class 1

We opened the classroom's door and saw that there were other students present, including Luca and Kiri. We became the center of the attention only for a while before the others continued their own business.

I observed the whole room before moving any further. In front of the class, there were a whiteboard, a small cupboard, and a teacher's desk. Then, facing the opposite side were 16 seats that were linked to their own desks. They formed 4 rows and 4 columns. At the back of the class, there were several lockers and shoe racks.

Ah—how could I not mention the comfy and huge carpet the room has? And at the corner of the room, there was a temperature controller. It can be operated by infusing mana—and it can perform 2 functions: heater and cooler. Will the teacher be operating it, or will another school staff be responsible for it?

Anyway, I also noticed how there were only 2 vacant seats beside Luca and Kiri. The other seats were pretty much occupied. Luca and Kiri must have booked those seats for me and Iris! Oh, so these boys can be quite considerate!

However, they picked the first row... can I say that it's so Luca-like?

"What took you so long?" Luca protested.

Ah—really, if the competitive Luca knew I got us lost, he would be able to have something he could use against me!! He'd finally have something he's better at doing, compared to me!

Nah, I don't want to lose!!

"Ah, sorry, we took a slight detour—," before I could finish my sentence, Luca cut me off.

"Did you take a dump?"

--this brat, don't you know delicacy?!

Ah, I forgot. He was a normal 6-year-old boy, haha!

"No, you dummy! We only got lost," I tried to calm myself down and answered.

Yes, calm down, Lyra, your opponent is nothing but a child. It's no wonder that he has no delicacy at his age...

"See? Kiri, I won the bet. Lyra's directionally challenged."

"..."

...Did I slip out there?!

...Wait a second, what bet?!

"Hey, what was that? A bet?!"

"U-uhm, don't be angry, Lyra... Luca told me that you guys took so long because you lost your way but I didn't believe it could happen with you around, so we..."

"Why would she take a detour if the first lesson is going to start soon? That doesn't make any sense. If she's not lost, then that means she got a stomachache or bumped into some trouble."

"..."

I guess getting lost is better than admitting that I took a huge dump?

But...

"Objection!! Objection, please!! Indeed, I got lost, but just because I got lost once, that doesn't mean that I am directionally challenged!!"

"...You got lost the other day when we went to the side of the castle that you rarely visited. You couldn't even remember the way back..."

"T-that's because the interior of the castle was confusing!"