Reunion

Towards my brief explanation on who Luca really is, the pair of mother and son in front of me...

"Ah, I see, I understand now and that expla—WHAT?!"

Niina's face paled upon realizing what I just told her.

"E... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh?!" Clavis' face was quite funny. His tail and ears are all standing up—wow, Niina's ears and tail were standing up, too.

This pair of mother and son is really alike!

Well, they are mother and son, so it's not something weird.

Their resemblances are uncanny.

"...S, s, so... Luca is the crown prince all along?!" Clavis was really surprised.

"W-w-w-whaaaat?!" Niina couldn't get over her initial shock.

Well, I really understand how well they are ignorant of the world's news. I'm still glad they know who the two figures are—who the current king and queen are, and what the royal family emblem looks like.

Nah really, if you don't even know those three, then you're doomed. Are you even the citizen of Riviera if you don't even know who your king and queen are?!

It's understandable that they haven't memorized who the crown prince is... but hopefully this shock... made them realize that they should at least keep up with the news, especially the one regarding the royalty...

"S, s, should I apologize to Luca-sama and confess my sin?!" Niina asked in fear.

"S...should I also prostrate myself and apologize for being so rude, and correct my way?" Clavis' reaction is similar.

"...I think you should just confess your ignorance, apologize, and then return to how you used to address and treat him. The way he is, Luca would prefer it like that," I replied.

"A-alright...," the two obediently answered.

The royal family quickly went to my side and congratulated me.

I just noticed, but they also brought along Kiri, given that his stepfather was one of the guards involved.

Using this occasion, Niina and Clavis talked to Luca, and as expected... Luca laughed it off. I bet if we are not in public, he would laugh really hard.

After talking with us for a while, we parted ways as they realized there were nobles who were eager to greet me, as many as there were nobles who would love to chatter with the royal family.

When I glanced at the upcoming nobles who came to greet me personally, I couldn't help but skip a heartbeat.

I mean, the ones standing very close to me, the ones who are walking right towards me—they are not unfamiliar figures.

If facing Clyde and Nicole was quite hard already, this one group here... is even harder, I think. The horde over there—they are none other than... my former self's family...

In a full set.

My father, my mother... Clyde's mother, Kania... Their appearances were more or less the same, albeit older.

And that young man over there—with his sturdy body that developed a bit of muscle—that confident man... is he really the little brother who was timidly hiding behind mother's back in the past?

Walking right behind my (former) parents is my (former) little brother who has turned... seventeen this year, I guess?

He has changed a lot...