The Mailman is Here!

Day 22 Month 7.

I woke up so early in the morning, before the sun even rose. Or would it be suffice to say that I could hardly fall asleep last night?

Today, my entrance exams result should be delivered!!

Since I couldn't sleep anyway, I decided to wake up and walked down only to find that Chloe was already awake as well, and she seemed to be in the middle of doing a morning clean-up.

"Ara? Lyra-sama? Why are you up so early in the morning?"

"Chloe? You're already awake, too?"

I was being so rude! Not only did I not answer her question, but I even returned her question with another question! Where are my manners? Where have they gone to?

"Ahaha, yeah, I'm used to wake up so early even without the help of any alarm. I guess it's my biological clock. I usually do minor chores in the morning before it's time to prepare for breakfast," Chloe didn't seem to mind my earlier rudeness at all and answered my questions first.

"I see... Ah, uhm, I can't really sleep because today, I should be getting my entrance exams result. So, I decided to wake up early."

"Is that so? Do you want to eat something or take a bath first?"

"I-it's okay, I will just walk around or read something while waiting for my parents to wake up..."

"Read something? Then, I'll be making a hot cocoa for you! Wait a bit, Lyra-sama."

Before I could even refuse her delicious offer, Chloe quickly dashed over to the kitchen to make the hot cocoa.

...Well, then I will be bringing some books to enjoy with the hot cocoa... Let's see what books are available!

***

"Eh, Lyra? You're up already?" Mom was so surprised when she saw me reading a book and drinking the hot cocoa leisurely.

"Wha, Lyra, what's wrong? Did you have a nightmare? A fever?" Dad quickly examined me up-close.

"No, I can't really sleep well, so..."

"You can't sleep well? You should have knocked our rooms, Mommy and Daddy will accompany you to sleep," Mom added.

...oh, right. It's normal for a six-year-old kid to do that! It didn't cross my mind, with my mental age and how I had no recollection of doing that in my past life.

"I can?"

"Yes, of course!"

"T-thank you, I will do that next time!"

Hearing their quick and positive answers, I resigned myself to the warmth I felt growing inside my chest and a genuine smile quickly formed on my face.

***

"Uuu, where is it?"

After taking a bath and having a nice breakfast, I went on stand-by in front of the house, waiting for the sign of a letter arriving, or anything of the sort...

"Lyra, you can actually access it on Provice..."

Dad murmured something, but Mom stopped him before I could even understand what he was talking about.