XLIX. Elaborate for Me

Start from the beginning

The day passes, and Anthony is still in America. Resting my head against Lily's lap, I throw the ball up in the air while mumbling medical terminology. Since I was on vacation with Anthony, I had to study extra hard to catch up.

"What did you get for Anthony?" Lily asks while reading her book.

"Secret," I reply, in a half-lie. I couldn't find anything for Anthony.

Once we reach the campus, we walk towards our class. I sat down and pulled out my book. Since it's still early, I decided to do a bit of extra studying. Plugging in my earphones, my eyes roam on the text. One by one, the students began gathering. In the middle of my silent study session, a shadow hovers over me. I look up to see a few unknown smiling faces.

I unplug my earphones. "Can I help you?"

The guy standing in front smiled wide, and he held out a hand. "Gian Berlusconi," he said.

Hesitantly, I take it. "Nice to meet you," I said before withdrawing my hand.

Gian snaps his fingers, and a girl gives him three envelopes. He places it on top of my textbook. "I'm having a party this weekend. If you have time, please drop by."

I grab the gold envelope and wave it slightly around my hand to inspect it. What if this is a trap to kidnap me?

"One is for you and the other is for your sister."

"Lily?"

He nods, "Yes, her."

"I'm sorry, but I don't know you," or any of you.

"Oh, but we know you," he said, and it's not suspicious at all.

I chuckle hesitantly, "Why did you give me three invites?"

"You're Francesco's older sister, no?" Gian asks, and I wonder how in the world he knows Francesco. I mean, Francesco doesn't even go to school!

"In a sense, yes."

"The third one is for him."

"You know him?"

"Francesco is infamous for parties; everyone knows that" Everyone except me. "We hope to see you there Angelica" he grins and walks off with his little posse.

I stare at their backs until they disappear through the double door. Glancing slightly to my left, I noticed how other people were granting me envious looks. Letting out a sigh, I slip the envelopes inside my backpack and continue studying.

When school was over, Lily and I went home as usual. It's Lily's turn to rest on my lap. She places the envelope in the air. "A party? This is a first."

I nod in understanding. Generally, Lily and I are low on the social radar, so we never expect someone to notice us. "You want to go?"

Lily purses her lip before throwing the envelope into her backpack. "No, not really."

"What? You were dying to go clubbing for my late bachelorette party."

She scoffs lowly. "Yes because I was excited about our new wealth, not a care in the world lives. Now, I'm passed that, and a party sounds like nothing but trouble."

I ran my fingers through her blonde locks. "Someone is a responsible girl."

"I had carrots yesterday, too."

"So?"

She smiles, "Sometimes you have to try something new."

I laugh at her statement before reverting my attention towards the window. I hummed a low melody to myself, a light flashed before my eyes and a smile appeared. I know exactly what to give Anthony!