VII. Wine and Dine

The pounding in my chest increases as each second passes. The moonlight beams onto him as if he were the main star on stage.

His alluring light blue eyes captured me. It was so captivating to the point; it was frightening.

Absolutely frightening.

Finally, able to move my eyes, I scan the rest of him. The wind blew gracefully across his glorious styled hair that cost more than the outfit I'm wearing. Due to the small wrinkles on his tan skin, I can tell he is quite old, perhaps near his late twenties or early thirties.

But even with that, he is a very seductive man. A man I wouldn't mind being in bed with, despite being a virgin. At that insane moment, I want him to pop my cherry.

Quite a story to tell our future children.

I must have hit my brain without knowing earlier with that fall to make up stories such as our children with an unknown man.

He stood up, fixing his expensive black suit, and offered me a hand. My hand grabbed his rough, dry hand and stood up. "Thank you," I mumble, removing my hand.

He continues looking at me, eyes studying every inch of my body. "Be more careful from now on," he said.

We continue standing there, gazing at each other. If I were a stranger walking past by, I would wonder why the fuck are two people staring at each other.

My eyes widen, and I look down at my phone. I'm late. "Th-Thank you again, and I'm sorry for bumping into you," I said in a rushy tone and sprinted into the building. Taking a peek back, he stood there, hands in his pocket, eyes still locked on me.

I shook off the uncomfortable emotion and ran towards the employee's lounge, putting my things away. Throwing my shoes into my locker, I grab my heels. Taking a deep breath, I rub my numb foot and put on the death trap. Running towards the restaurant, I greet the other workers.

"Darling, what are you doing here? You work earlier," Kathy said.

"Picking up an extra shift," I respond, giving her a small smile. Quickly, I walked away so she couldn't say anything else. Kathy is really nice, but she gets noisy with other people's personal life. Once she knows something, everyone knows it.

"Thank you so much, Ann," Mr.Rayland said, smiling at me.

I gave him a nod and started working.

After a while, no more than ten minutes later, Mr.Rayland pulled me aside. "Did I do something wrong?" 

"No! It's just someone requested you," he said in a firm voice.

My brows scrunch together, "Who?" No one ever requests a specific waitress unless their families come to eat here, but my family can't afford to eat here.

The most we can afford is the mega meat pizza five blocks down when they have a promotion on Wacky Wednesday. I mean a large pizza for $4.99? That is wacky!

"An imperative customer," he said as he swallowed loudly, sweat pouring down his forehead, which he quickly wiped away with his handkerchief. He points behind me with a shaky hand, like a character in a horror movie. I slowly turned around.

Striking blues met mine, and a smile etched on his lips, no more like a smirk. He was sitting next to the large glass window, hands folded together. The city light reflected on his blue eyes beautifully.

What in the world? Why does he want me?

"Listen, Angelica, Mr.Winston is an imperative customer. If he is unsatisfied with something, we will go out of business. No matter what, do as he says. If you do well, I will let you make up your own hours, and I'll even give you a raise," he said in the most serious tone I've ever heard.