XXXVI. His Smile is Contagious

"Bullets change government more surely than votes or petitions."

I sat there while Anthony said those words as we continued riding towards the social gathering. "Is that what you truly believe?" I question.

He grunts lowly before sliding down his body. "Yes," his response is firm, unwavering. While we were moving towards our destination, we began discussing the governmental system.

Before I knew it, I asked Anthony why people feel that upholding a gun will change their lifestyle instead of going through the legal process. How funny, I'm asking a gang leader about firearms. If I were a news reporter, this would've been my big break.

"For a petition to be effective in America-" he said, "You must cross the first threshold and be searchable within the official website, a petition must reach 150 signatures within 30 days. To cross the second threshold and require a response, a petition must reach 100,000 signatures within 30 days. Even with all that, it does not guarantee your petition will go through." His electric eyes gaze into mine. "Do you know what that means?"

I shake my head, wondering how Anthony is so familiar with the laws. Then again, he must know his way around the regulations to be able to get away with all the things he had done.

"It means you wasted 60 days and within those 60 days, you could've done something else instead of waiting."

"Bullets don't solve problems," I clarify.

"And yet, America - the land you were born and raised - is built on bullets. The American Revolution, for Americans to win freedom against Great Britain is through their usage of muskets," he pauses, "a gun."

My lips thin as I stare at his shoes. With any other person, I would ask them to give me more examples before I believe them but I'm quite sure Anthony knows his history. "The Archaya," I said slowly, a bit unsure if I was meddling in his business a bit too much. "Don't do any business of them in regards to weapons."

He lifts a brow. "Is this the reason why you're randomly mentioning weaponry?"

My eyes twitch slightly. "Maybe."

"Who told you that I might potentially be dealing with the Archaya?" Anthony question, regarding the fact that he probably already knew.

"Drew," I didn't hesitate to throw him under the bus since I barely knew him. If Anthony personally introduces Drew to me, it must mean that he held a place inside of Anthony's heart, or perhaps he is too valuable to be disposed of.

He nods and decides not to question any further with the reason why Drew chooses to tell me. "Why do you think I should not do business with the Archaya?"

I look up, twiddling with my thumbs."Have you ever thought that perhaps they want to deal with both sides so they can kill each other?"

Anthony leaned back and ran his fingers through his chin while the car came to a stop. "Interesting thought," he mumbles before his lip seemingly twitches upward before his attention reverts towards me, while a teasing smile appears. "You seem to truly care about this husband of yours to think this thoroughly despite the few words Drew said to you."

My eyes narrow, quite sure that Anthony allows Drew to tell me this information - perhaps this is some sort of test? "Are you testing me?"

His head tilts, "And if I am?"

"That's not nice," I grumble.

Anthony sighed before scooting closer to me. "Mio cuore," his voice softens. "I informed Drew to not hide anything from you."

I bit my upper lip, "Why?"

He tucks a rebellious strand of hair behind my reddened ear and leans forward. "You know why." He blows hot air inside before motioning his hand down towards my thigh. I caught the breath inside my lungs, and I stopped breathing as he trailed his rough fingers closer to my core.

Anthony's Angel ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara