XXXIV. Influential Families

Start from the beginning

"Because they are also communicating with other groups," he states, causing the atmosphere to dampen. At that second, I realize I shouldn't dig any further.

"Right now, the heir of the corporation is Vincent Acharya who is unwed, and there isn't any news of him marrying."

I nod, "Okay."

"Next, is the Martinez family who owns a large portion of the alcohol industry which meant they serve many influential families, concluding-"

"They have many networks," I said.

He nods, "Bars, clubs, restaurants, hotels. They own a variety of buildings that many different groups - such as Sinaloa Cartel or Los Zetos would use to make specific transactions. Martinez generally deals with the Hispanic or Latino descendants."

I bit the tip of my tongue, understanding what he meant.

"Currently, there is a lawsuit battle within the Martinez family, and rumors said that they might not even be present at the party, so you don't have to worry about them."

"Lawsuit?"

"The heir Jackson Martinez is in court with his parents in regard to abusement. It's not a matter that's known to the public, but it seems that the parents had physically abused both him and his younger sister, Abigail Martinez."

I frown, "That is...fuck up."

"They are going to prison soon, so it doesn't matter."

"How do you know?" I ask.

"Because of our last family." He places down a photo.

I lean forward. "I know him." I point at the guy standing in the middle towards the back.

His brows crunch, "You do?"

I nod, "Yeah, Matthew Greyson," I say proudly, giving myself a mental pat on the back.

"When did you meet him?"

"At a shopping plaza with-" I saw the picture inside the suitcase, "her!"

Drew takes out the photo and turns it around. "Nina Lun?"

I nod, "They are so annoying," I mumble under my breath, remembering how irritated with their broad daylight love action as if the world didn't exist.

Drew ignored my comment. "The Greyson family owns the largest shipping company in America along with the deeds to many lands which includes shopping plazas, hotels, and many others."

"Hmm," I brought out my inner Anthony.

"This isn't a problem, but-" he pulls out another photo of two elderly men. "The Greyson family having a direct link to the Yakuza is a huge problem."

I look at Drew, who turns cold. "Out of all these families, you have to avoid the Greyson the most. We don't have a problem with the Yakuza, but Anthony prefers not crossing any more links than necessary, with them."

"But-" I look down at the photos of the happy couple, "they don't seem that bad." Irritating, but not harmful.

"What you're seeing is the surface Angelica, the Greysons can be quite shrewd."

I nod, folding my hands together. "I'll avoid them."

He gathers up all the photos and stacks them in a neat pile. "Look over the pictures and memorize their faces, so you won't make any contact with them unless necessary."

Drew grabbed the suitcase and stood up, straightening out his outfit. "Do you understand why you should not interact with them?"

"Because of their connections?"

"These families are considered the bridges between the elite lifestyles and the underground world. We do business with them, not socialization."

I press my hands together firmly. "But, isn't business...in a sense...socialization?"

After some time, Drew chuckles. "You're right." He nods, "In a sense, business is an act of socialization."

"Drew?"

"Yeah?"

There was something that I had been pondering ever since I found out that I was wedded to the underworld. "How does it feel to...kill someone?"

kill someone?"