t h i r t y n i n e .

Jisung woke up and sat in his bed, staring at the wall. It had been a week since Minho broke up with him, or maybe two weeks. Jisung didn't know, he wasn't keeping track, the days all felt the same. Minho never showed up to school since they broke up. Jisung was getting better as the days went on. He wasn't crying himself to sleep every night anymore and he didn't have to keep his mind so busy, but there were some days that were harder than others. He was eating more now and he was almost the same person as before, but he wasn't as happy or cheery. His friends and siblings weren't worried as much for him, but they still kept a close eye on him. If it weren't for them, the boy wouldn't have been able to reach the mental state he was in now.

Jisung checked his phone and frowned. He was still getting used to not seeing a good morning text from his ex boyfriend. He dropped his phone on his bed and placed his face in his hands. He rubbed his eyes and sighed, it was going to be one of those days.

The sudden buzz from his phone spooked Jisung. He picked up his phone again and saw he got a message from Jeongin in the group chat.

the child
we're still hanging out today right?

seungmean
yes we are

yongyongbokie
yes, we're meeting at seungmin's

jisung
what time?

seungmean
1:30

Jisung quickly checked the time. 12:04 P.M. Damn, I slept for that long? He got up from his bed and walked to his connected bathroom. He took a quick shower and started brushing his teeth when his phone went off again. He checked his phone, thinking he was going to see one of his friends' names pop up on his phone, but instead he saw the name of the person that made him want to smash his phone against the mirror.

moonjin
yo jisung let's work on our project today

Moonjin got Jisung's number recently so they could talk about the school project, but this was the first time he ever texted him. Jisung was really contemplating if he should reply back or not, but he decided to not be rude.

jisung
i'm busy

moonjin
our project is due this friday and we
haven't done shit. i'm not about to
get a bad grade and i'm sure you
don't want one either

Jisung groaned and flung his head back. He didn't want to admit it, but Moonjin was right, if they didn't start on their project today then they would definitely not get it done on time.

jisung
fine meet me at the library

moonjin
it's saturday, the library's closed.
let's just do it at my house, i'm too
lazy to bring my school stuff
anywhere else

Jisung almost immediately started typing 'no' but he paused and thought. Minho wouldn't want me to go to his house, but that was because he thought Moonjin was after me to hurt him. We aren't dating anymore so Moonjin has no reason to hurt me. He was brought out of his thoughts when his phone went off again.

moonjin
uh did you die?

jisung
fine we can do it at yours
send me the address i'm coming rn

moonjin
[address attached]
oh btw my brother and dads home
so sorry if they bother us or smth

jisung
it's fine

The boy let out a sigh of relief. As long as Moonjin and him weren't home alone, then Jisung felt a little better. He clicked on the address and saw that Moonjin didn't live too far away from Jisung, probably a seven minute walk.