♦️Mystery Friends | Mabel-Like!America x Dipper-Like!Russia♦️

Dw gang, no incest here :)

~~~~~~~~

"This is gonna be the best frickin' summer ever!"

"Meri, sit down! We're gonna get kicked off the bus."

"Oh psshhh," America dismissed with a grin, waving his hand as he stubbornly sat on the backrest of the chair in front of him.  "S'all good Rus-Gus! You worry too much."

Russia rolled his eyes with a slight smile as he scrawled more Russian characters in his leather-bound journal while America hummed some stupid song he probably got from a cartoon, swinging his legs back and forth. The two had been friends since they were young (although they were still pretty young as twelve-year-olds) and had been sent by their parents on a trip to see a mutual family friend because they wouldn't stop bugging their parents.

By they I mean America, obviously. He just didn't want to go anywhere without his best friend, who was happy to come along.

Emphasis on was.

Now that the two were actually on their way towards some strange town called Gravity Falls in the middle of literally nowhere, to meet an absolute stranger that was supposed to take care of them for three whole months. Russia had a right to be worried, of course, but America always got sad to see him be his anxious, so he tried not to let his apprehension show.

This, of course, didn't get past America.

"Hey...are you okay?" America asked quietly, sinking back down into his seat beside Russia.

Russia offered a big smiled, his palms getting sticky and slick with sweat as he quickly shut his book.

"Yup! I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Mhmm."

"Surely sure?"

"Yes."

"Absolutely, completely, surely certain?"

"Yes!"

America frowned.

"Are you really?"

"...yes?"

Russia's striped friend sighed, wrapping his arms around Russia's neck and burying his face in his vest, smiling softly.

"We're gonna be fine, you know that right, Ruski?"

Russia leaned his head on top of America's, letting his eyes slide closed.

"...Yeah."

America smiled wider, squeezing him lightly.

"This is gonna be a great summer. I promise."

▪▪¤▪▪

"...I need context."

"Why?"

"Context is important."

"Not when you sell emojis taped to plastic dinosaurs! Now c'mon kiddos, lemme show you your new room!"

Spain threw up his cane with a pool ball at the end and caught it in the middle, striding up the rickety wooden stairs of the Mystery Shack. America grinned, grabbing Russia's hand and pulling him up the stairs behind him. Russia stumbled slightly but managed to get his footing as he felt America squeeze his hand with the pastel red sleeve of his watermelon sweater.

Once they reached the top of the staircase, Spain marched over to a solemn looking door and threw it open, proudly revealing the room America and Russia would be sharing for the next three months of their summer vacation.