Chapter 7

Mal's POV

Banging woke me right up this morning. I'm a light sleeper, so I hear a lot. You have to be on you toes on the isle. Let me just say though that that was the best night I've ever had. The bed was my best friend now. The only exception I'm making because this thing is amazing. Never had anything this soft and me and Mother were pretty rich on the island.

I rub my eyes and get up to answer the door. To my surprise, it was Prince Ben.

"Um, hi." I groggily said.

"Were you sleeping?" He asked me.

"What do you think I was doing?" I responded annoyed.

"Not a morning person huh? Well, maybe I'll come back later." He started to walk away, but I stopped him.

"What did you want to ask me? You already woke me up and since you did I don't want it to be for no reason." He stepped in front of me again.

"Well, there might have been a break in at the museum last night." My eyes widened and then I furrowed my brows.

"Might?"

"Could've been a malfunction." He guessed. I sighed of relief inside my head. I nodded for him to continue. "Do you know anything about that?"

"Well, I just got here so I don't even know where the museum is."

"But I showed you around. The museum was apart of the tour."

"I wasn't really paying attention."

"Oh. Thanks for answering that question, Cya around?"

"Yea, sure."

I closed the door and let out a huge sigh of relief. I felt as if I was going to let something slip by accident or something like that. Good thing that was quick and short.

I paced around my room. How did my plan fail so hard? Now how am I going to get the wand! This is just a complete disaster.

Now since Ben woke me up I was sitting up a doing nothing. I had my doctor whatever thing at noon, but it was only 10. Great.

I ended up drawing for the rest of the time, but had to come to an abrupt stop when I heard a knock at the door. I checked the time to see it was 11:45.

"Shit." I muttered to myself. "One minute!"

I got dressed as fast as I could and spelled my hair to look nice and my breath to smell fresh. Once I finished I opened the door to reveal Evie.

"Hey Mal! Ready for your appointment?" She asked me. I rolled my eyes.

"Not really, but it looks like I don't really have a choice do I?"

Evie shook her head no. She grabbed onto my hand, but I forcefully jerked it away.

"Not a hand holder?" She questioned.

"Not a toucher. People touching you on the isle turns to rape. Or you could get stabbed in the back, knocked out, kidnapped, etc." Evie's eyes widened, but I shrugged it off.

"Noted." She quietly said.

We silently walked down the halls and to the doctor's officer. I have no idea why or what is going to happen to me. It seems as if I don't really care what's happening to about to happen, but I do. And I'm pretty scared. I've heard about doctors and they mess you up.

I don't know how but they do. It's the cycle. Doctors mess you up so you go to them. That's how they make their money. Pretty smart if you ask me. Maybe they just lured me here and now they are just disposing of me.