Chapter 3

(A/N: Mal is 15)

Mal hopped the fence and stole a lamp from someone she had just walked by. She snickered at the excitement that Jafar is going to get just to be let down that there ain't a genie in it. It was just so much fun to see him get his hopes up to just be crushed. Who doesn't think that though?

She had made sure to mess with people any chance she got as she made her way back 'home'.

She despised Bargain Castle. It's where the Evil Queen tried to put make-up on Mal and where Cruella makes Mal do her dirty work when her mother isn't in need of her. It's where Jafar sells his useless pieces of junk that she steals off of people. That part she doesn't mind too much though. And it's where her mother beats, starves, and commands her.

Home? Not even close. Place to feel safe? Even farther away. A place to stay? Yes.

She entered the castle and had seen Jafar standing near the door. Mal went up to him and Jafar's face lit up at the sight of her.

"What'd you score?" Jafar asked eagerly.

Mal had pulled out something from anywhere she could store something. He had taken a glance at each object and had then dropped it onto the floor to be picked up again by Mal so it could be brought to his shop.

Mal lastly gave Jafar the lamp. He practically jumped up and down as he grabbed his handkerchief and the lamp. He rubbed his gently at first, but when nothing happened he started to rub it harshly. His smile faded and threw it at Mal's shoulder powerfully. She had clenched her shoulder after that blow.

"Agh. When will you ever get me one that works you useless brat! Now pick up this junk and stock the shelves!" He commanded her and walked off to do... whatever he does.

Mal had reluctantly obliged and gather all the little trinkets back up and walked over to the store. She placed everything on one empty shelve and went straight to her room, trying to avoid the other residents in the castle.

They had all moved in 3 years ago, deciding it would be better, but what they really wanted was for Mal to do what they told her to. Mal couldn't disagree. She knew they were probably as ruthless as her mother and if she didn't listen she'd probably get beaten. She wondered if her mother would let that happen, but she thinks her mother wouldn't care. When did she ever?

Mal sat on her bed, drawing away like she would usually do after doing things like stealing and putting fear into people. How fun!

It's not like she has school or anything. There's no other kids on the isle but her. Do you wonder why the villains don't keep having kids? Once King Adam figured out there were kids in the isle and brought them to Auradon, the dome was made so it isn't possible to have any kids.

Since she didn't have any schooling her mother taught her the basics. Like reading (for magic spell books), talking (to command armies), and evil. Her first word was evil actually.

There was a loud bang that could be heard from the other side of the door. Mal got up from her 'comfortable' position to open the door. The person on the other side most likely would kick it down if it wasn't opened. Mal opened the door to reveal her mother standing there.

"Mother, what do you need?" Mal asked with a bit of annoyance in her tone.

"Well," Her Mother started as she walked into her room uninvited. "You know this time of year, don't you?"

Mal thought about it for a moment. It's not Mother's Day is it? She'd have to get 3 things because Cruella and Evil Queen don't like getting left out. And Jafar makes her get him something for Father's Day as well.

Is it evil day? Wait, that was everyday. What is this time of year? Master appreciation? Maleficent day? Yes, that's a thing on the isle. Her mother is basically the ruler, so she of course had to make a day all about her.

Maleficent rolled her eyes. "16 years and you still can't remember." Maleficent mumbled.

Mal had heard it though. "Well, I couldn't really comprehend things at 1." She commented.

"It's the time of year the auradonian guards come. And you are going to get caught."

Mal wasn't really into the conversation. She didn't really care about it being that time of year. She would just stay inside for a whole week. Nothing exciting so she didn't really care about the babbling about 'don't go out of this house or your dead' kind of thing. When she heard what her mother said last she stood there shocked and full-on into the conversation now.

"What?" Mal asked staring at her mother like she was a crazy person, which, she was. She was crazy even before she said that Mal had to be caught when all these years she's been alive she was specifically told not to be caught.

"Yes, I need you to be caught. I have a plan, but you are a crucial part, so you need to follow what I'm going to tell you so we can get out of this hell-hole and take over Auradon!" She exclaimed excitedly. Her plan is finally falling into place. Mal wasn't surprised when she said plan. Mal always knew she was a plan.

But Mal still stared at her mother in disbelief. Go to Auradon. With those... prissy pink princess... those dogs Cruella always talked about... dresses... makeup! Eww! Sounds worse than the isle when you think about it. Although, there's good food there... and revenge. King Adam.

King Adam, the person who left her here to rot on this isle. This was her chance to finally give her opinion about it.

"Ok... so what do you want me to do?" Mal asked her mother.

"I want you to be out in the open while the guards are nearby. Make sure to come to me before you leave though." Mal nodded, wondering why she wanted her to come to her.

Later that night, Maleficent had explained her full plan to Mal and the other villains that lived there. The 4 villains were very enthusiastic about this idea, but Mal was dreading every moment talking about it. She did like the part about taking over and torturing the king. What will it be like when she's actually in Auradon though? She'd probably die of boredom.