29. A Big Happy Family

1 month later-

Usually, people don't remember things clearly from their early childhood. But there are certain memories, special ones that never leave, the few moments where you felt hope and happiness.

The only memory I remembered from before the age of 6 is of a small boy my age or maybe a year older. At that time, I was pretty much always alone, in the comfort of my books. My dad's friends brought their mean kids with them and my dad forced me to hang out with them. I mostly ignored them, they were all the same, spoilt cry-babies, I, on the other hand was given whatever I needed but never spoilt which I was very thankful for.

It was a usual day and one of my dad's closest friend visited with his son. He was different, he was the first kid who smiled at me and I thought that was strange. Why would he smile at a loser like me? Right?

I went back to the backyard and sat down with a storybook in my hand.

"Hello." I heard someone say and turned around.

"Hi." I replied politely to the new boy.

"Can I read with you?" he asked me and I nodded. I shifted a little so that he could sit and we shared the book.

"What is your name?" he asked me.

"I am Naina. And you?"

That was the only thing I didn't remember. I remembered his slightly hazel eyes and light brown curly hair. He was really polite and kind to me and maybe the only kid I ever liked. We played with my toys and read my books. I showed him around to my room and he appreciated it, even though it was mostly pink.

I never expected anyone to be nice to me, my family wasn't even that nice to me.

I never met him again after that day. All I had is that memory and a picture my grandfather took of us together, smiling widely and we had our arms around each others neck.

.

"Look Naina, my photo albums!" my mom exclaimed.

Her things were finally in London. She packed them beforehand and shipped them to London which took time. Her crazy amounts of clothes and shoes were cut down. Most of the jewellery and make-up was with her.

She unpacked the boxes and started arranging everything in my room as I took out Shiv's and my things. We had decided to pack everything and send it to his apartment which was ready with the kids' room.

"Show me. I know there wouldn't be many of me but I want to see anyways." I said to her.

"No, there are a lot of your pictures. Look!"

She pointed to the picture from my second birthday. I was standing with the support of the table in a bubblegum pink frilly dress and a matching headband with fake flowers on my head. There were a lot of other kids around me but I never knew anyone other than my brother and a few cousins. I looked cute with my large light brown eyes which later turned out to be a darker brown.

"This is from when we visited grandma." I said looking at a picture of Vivan and me with our grandmother and grandfather.

We sat there for almost an hour looking at the box full of photo albums.

In one of my albums, one of the pictures caught my eye. It was the picture with the only person I enjoyed talking to in my childhood.

I smiled at that picture. 

"Hey where did you get that picture?" Shiv's mom said as she entered and sat down behind me on the bed.

"This is me." I pointed to the little girl in the picture.