18. Dirty Secrets

That day, being in the office was surprisingly pleasant. No rude comments, no sneers, nothing. It felt good not having to stress out about dealing with Victoria. It was nice doing my job in my personal cabin, in silence. But somehow, it felt like the silence before a huge storm.

When it was time to leave, I waited for Shiv to show up. He told me about us having to meet someone.

Just then, I got a text from him

S- Hey, I am downstairs. Can you come now?

I replied a quick okay and walked towards the lift. The office was emptied by the time I left. 

Beth must be still here. I thought and left. When I reached at the ground level, I saw Shiv standing there. No car other than mine was to be seen. How did he reach here?

"Where is your car?" I asked, confused.

"We don't need one. Come on." He said as he took his hand in mine and started to walk.

"Will you please tell me where we are going? And what about my car?" I asked him.

"We can walk here to get your car. Just walk." 

"Okay, but why wouldn't you tell me where we are going?" I asked again.

"Fine. We are going there." He said and pointed towards the building next to the one which contained my office. "No more questions. I will tell you everything. Just walk."

"Okay." I said and started walking. As we we walked in the other building, I saw many luxurious cars and fancy sports car parked there. 

"That one is mine." He said, nodding his head towards a black Jaguar. 

"That is your car? Seriously? Can I drive it?" I asked, excitedly.

"Yes, that is one of my cars and no, you cannot drive it." He said and I pouted.

"That's not fair. I let you drive both of my cars."

"You wouldn't have let me even touch your Range Rover if you weren't drunk." He pointed out.

"Yeah, but I let you. Right?" I said.

"Let's get this over with and then we will see." He said.

He was a little on edge. He was getting annoyed which was really weird. We walked inside the building, the guards bowed down.

"Mr. Bahl." They greeted him.

"How do-" I started.

"I said no more questions." He said and his grip tightened on my wrist.

"You are hurting me." I said, in pain. "I just asked a question. What is wrong in that?" 

"What is wrong is that you are irritating me right now. So just shut up and keep walking." He said in a slightly raised voice. He was angry, fuming even.

I said nothing and kept walking with him. We got into a lift and he pressed the button for the top-most floor. We stepped out and walked towards a large door. A desk was placed outside it and a red-headed girl, probably the receptionist, sitting behind it looked bored. She suddenly stood up as she saw us.

"Good evening, Mr. Bahl." She said. I noticed by her accent that she was an American. What she was wearing was completely inappropriate for wearing to work. It was a red, satin shirt with three buttons opened up from the top, tucked in a tight mini-skirt which reached her mid thigh.

Shiv nodded at her and I noticed his gaze drop to her body. She was taller and curvier than me. She had her red hair pulled up in a tight pony-tail. She made me feel insecure about myself. But I ignored it. I was way better than her.