24. A Wife and Two Kids

Not one, but two problems at once. It was fine when we were attacked one at a time.

"We have a problem." we said at the same time.

"You go first." he said.

"I have to marry Ashwin in a year. My father is getting everything ready. His dad insisted and mine went along with it. What are we going to do?" I blabbered.

"What!? No. You can't marry him. Why would you marry a gay man?"

"Seriously? That is what you see? Do you not see I am your girlfriend and carrying your babies who will barely be 8 month-olds in a year?"

"Calm down. That is not what I meant, baby. But can we please concentrate on the problem now?"

"Okay. What have you got?"

"We can't let mom come with us."

"She is your mother! You met her after years of thinking she was dead. Why do you not want her there? It's not like we will be able to do things anymore." I said and sat down on the bed.

"I know. I do want to spend time with her. But my dad is in London and he knows where I live; he is not coming to work so he is definitely going to want to visit. I don't want that bastard anywhere around her, you or my children."

"Oh! I didn't even think about that. We need to talk to her."

"We really do. And we have that other problem. Does Ashwin know about the wedding?" he asked me.

"I don't think so. My mom told me and he hasn't been anywhere out of New York for a while. I don't know if he talked on phone."

"I will call and ask him tomorrow. Let's just order dinner."

"Okay. I do need to relax." I said.

.

Shiv's POV-

I watched her sleep. Her thick eyelashes dipped downwards till they closed and she fell into a peaceful slumber. But for some reason, I know it wasn't peaceful.

None of us want this wedding to happen. Everyone will know that she is pregnant with my children and we are in love. I don't care about my reputation even a little bit, It's hers that I don't want to be shattered.

There was only one way to stop this.

I thought and slept off.

The next morning, I woke up before 6 a.m. I got up from the bed without a noise and walked out to the balcony and shut the door close.

I clicked on the contact and dialled the number.

"Good morning, mom. I was wondering if you still have grandma's engagement ring?"

"Yes, I do. Why did you ask?" she said with amusement laced in her voice.

"I am going to need it today." I said and she understood.

"Oh! I am so happy. Come pick it up. I will text you the address." she said and I hung up shortly after thanking her.

I stood there for a while, staring at the city. I had been to Paris before but this time I was actually in it. Like Naina said, she wanted to see the city and not just visit. I saw it this time. I felt it this time.

I felt small hands around my abdomen and a bump to my back.

"Good morning, love. You're up so early?" I asked and turned around to face her.

"Yeah, the bed wasn't warm enough without you." she said as she snuggled into my chest.

"Oh. You up for lunch there today?" I said as I pointed towards the top of the Eiffel tower.