10. Snoggers and Sleeping Beauty

The plan was working out well. We drove to the mall and got to shopping immediately.

We bought new outfits and the ring from the mall and headed back home. My dress was a black gown with golden embellishments. It had cut outs on the waist, but it was full sleeved. Not too revealing and classy enough. Sanjana and Vivan made me try around 30 dresses, most of them were a lot more revealing. We bought matching shoes while Shiv and Ashwin went to buy a ring. I suggested that they buy a cheaper ring with fake diamonds because there was no sense in spending that much money on a fake engagement. But Ashwin insisted that we buy a real one so that it will be more convincing. His father checked his bank account every once in a while. The problem with Indian parents is that they feel the need to control their child's life even when they've grown up. At some point in life, their children would need privacy. They don't seem to understand that.

We reached the flat and I opened the door. Our hands were full of bags because we thought why not go for a fancy dinner with everyone. Ashwin and I were going to get ready anyway, so everyone tagged along somehow. We would click the actual pictures on the roof of our apartment building. So Ashwin and my brother suggested that they could go and put some flowers and fairy-lights beforehand. We would click the pictures of the proposal first and then go for dinner.

We went to get ready while the both of them went to set up everything. I did my own make-up this time. I curled my hair and left them be with a side part. I put on my dress and heels before stepping out of my room. No one else was ready yet. I heard the main door open and slam shut a while ago which meant Vivan and Ashwin were back to get ready. 

I knocked on the door of the room in which my brother was staying but there wasn't any answer. I knocked again. No answer yet again. So I opened the door.

"Hey did you-" I was about to ask if they set everything up already but I couldn't finish up my sentence because of the sight in front of me.

My brother was pushed to the wall by Ashwin and their mouths were connected, their shirts were off and my brother's hands were in Ashwin's hair. 

I walked in on my brother making out with my fake fiancé. 

"What the-" I said and slammed the door shut again. I walked towards the kitchen and started pacing. What the actual hell was going on!?

Sanjana was in the living room and walked towards the kitchen on seeing me walk back and forth in the kitchen. She was wearing a gown we bought. It was a pastel purple flowy gown with a halter neck and silver glitter designs. 

"What's wrong? Are you trying to lose weight?" 

"No!" I exclaimed. "I-I they-" I stuttered, not being able to form a sentence.

"What language is this? Can you speak clearly?" She said while I saw my brother's door open and both of them walked out. 

"Make-out session over so soon?" I asked, looking at them. I saw Sanjana's eyes widen at my question.

"Naina, don't jump into conclusions. Please just hear us out." my brother said.

"Oh, I heard enough of you two. Explain." I said.

"We were on the roof and we were talking and well-" Ashwin said and cut himself off.

"And well what? Why did you agree to this marriage if you weren't sure of your sexuality?" I asked, calming down a bit.

"I was clear about it. I just didn't tell anyone about it. Why do you think I didn't want this wedding to happen?"

"Oh." Was all I could say.