"That's for you to find out." I smirked

He opens his mouth to speak but another voice enters the room. "Let me try, Troy."

My eyes grew wide when I looked at the one person I least expected to be standing in front of me.

Troy stands from the chair and sits off in a corner.

"It's good to see you again, beautiful." His voice was more deep.

My ex. Donovan fvcking Power.

I didn't say anything. All I did was stare at him in disbelief. He takes in my reaction and a smile formed on his lips.

"Shocking isn't it?" He said.

I looked over at Troy and he was just watching me. "What the hęll is this?!"

Troy stays silent but Donovan speaks.

"I saved you from him, Tiana. I couldn't allow you to be under him anymore. He was going to kill you."

My frown deepened. If it were possible.

"What are you talking about?"

"After the warehouse situation that your brother caused, I had to fix the mess and get Carter's men off our backs. When the time came, I sent out a PI to find and retrieve you." He says as he walks around me and unties my restraints.

I took my wrist and rubbed them together. I went to stand but Donovan forced me back down.

"Don't try anything, beautiful. Your best bet is to stay seated and listen. You will understand why everything around you is happening." He says and I stayed seated.

He takes a seat in the chair. He is silently staring at me and I did nothing but glare at the two men in the room.

"Well? Is somebody going to talk?!" Frustration was evident in my voice. I crossed my arms and waited.

I told Camille that it was a bad idea to go out. I was worried for them. Rick and the other guard had no choice but to go everywhere I go. I just hoped they are alright.

"Mom and Dad are very well alive. They are on their way as we speak. They've been worried about you." Troy said.

My face scrunched up in confusion. "I don't understand. You said you killed them. Why would you say that and leave me to think it was true and they aren't alive?" My blood boil.

I was getting angry now. The kidnapped me to get some information out of me about Carter. Like that will happen. One, I wouldn't give up anything on him. I wouldn't betray him. And Second, I didn't know too much about his business.

"It was all for a reason. The blood house was a set up. You were meant to find that. Meant to call me and come to Phoenix. It took a bit longer than I expected but it happened."

"Wait, wait, wait. How do you even know I was with Carter at the time?"

"You wasn't with him. He was forcing you to be with him, sweetheart. There's a difference." Donovan voiced with irritation.

I rolled my eyes. "What is your part in all this anyways?"

He stared at me for a while but he eventually spoke. "When you went off to Howard....after the entire cheating on you situation, I tried to get you to forgive me for my mistake and you didn't bother. Believe when I say, baby, I was going to wait for you but the alcohol had me under the influence."

I rolled my eyes at the lies. He was an inpatient person. All he wanted from me was sex. The constant sweet nothings and the kindness was all to get me in his bed.