Aries' POV: before meeting her

A/N: I know. I promised. So, be happy.

Merry Christmas! (It's still  Christmas Eve in my country as of now)

Taurus will be updated in twelve hours. If you have not picked it up yet, it would be a good time to.

*******

Life was bland. That was all I wished to say.

The females draped in red and cream silk danced perfectly to the drum beats making sure that the golden headgear something similar to fengguan did not fall down. Even that hauntingly beautiful dance could not entice me anymore.

I remembered how it was in the cosmos. The cosmic splay of colours and matter was something that would pull you in and never bore you out. I bet if I saw that now, I would find it boring and uninteresting.

It was usually when a star found their life boring did they give up and burst. Was I going to finally fade? But I could not be that old. It was true that I was older than many stars, but being the first-generation, cosmos gave us a life span that was as long as hers. We could never have a simple life nor a simple fade.

"Bored already?" a familiar voice reached my ears.

I glanced to my side to see Sage eat her salad. While her face was emotionless and expressionless, her eyes gave it away. It could be because I was one of the three who shared the same flame and no one else could see it, but who cared?

"Don't get me started," I grunted, taking a spoon of that clear soup before me.

She simpered and glanced at our right to see the young king Atticus with his mate Queen Veiya. The couple exchanged a brief sweet glance before they focused on the dance. It was as it was ought to be. The loving couple. They had no worries.

Life was perfect. There was nothing exciting and to be honest it was boring. There was no drama, no scandals, no enemies and no females who caught my attention. As someone who was on the War council, the peacefulness was killing me.

A female who sat opposite to me dared to give me a coy smile and opened a button. I rolled my eyes. No matter how beautiful she was, I lost interest. These mortal females bored me. They wanted me because I was Warrior, I was handsome- all the stars were, and I was an easy way to enter the court.

No one apart from the Royal family knew that we Warriors were stars. Stars were a myth and that was all it would be to the common people.

"Regina set her eyes on you," Leo whistled next to me. "Wonder what would happen."

Sage snorted. "Aries here will either burn her with his eyes or with his flame."

Leo shuddered. "Seriously, Aries. Learn to enjoy life a little. Perhaps she might help you to relieve? It's been years since you gave a female another glance. What are you waiting for?"

I gave him a pointed look. "Look who is talking."

Leo looked away. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Talk about what?" Libra asked as she settled herself between Leo and I.

"Nothing," Leo said.

At the same time, Sage said, "Leo is falling for a vampire."

"Oooohh!" Libra grinned. "Tell me about her!"

Leo's eyes crossed. "No! I won't. She has a mate and you know right, we said we would be celibate?"

Libra sighed and gave him a long look. "Yes. We said. We did not swear. If we Soul-Bound, who can tell anything against us?"

Leo looked alarmed. "Soul-Bounds? She has a mate!"