Chapter 29

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I was caught in a thing called life and I had to pull myself to write this. 

Anyway, hope this is worth the wait.

*********** 

I inhaled the scent that had my body at ease. Letting out a slow lazy breath, I willed my eyes to open. Strong arms were wrapped around my body as our legs were entangled.

I was literally lying over him. Aries. This male was mine. When that possessiveness resonated within me, I could not help but rub more of my scent purposefully on his skin.

The newborn rays of the sun did him no justice. His sharp features were accentuated yet his face held a softness that the older rays often failed to unveil.

I drank in his features like an obsessed female. A few strands of his hair shyly touched his forehead. I knew how his eyes would have looked if he had opened them. That molten silver through which one could travel in time.

His nose was a slight bit crooked as if someone had punched his nose hard. Why did he not allow this body to heal would be a wonder.

My fingertips followed my gaze. Was it possible to be aroused by just seeing someone? Especially when that person was sleeping?

I moved to a more comfortable position when I felt it. His hardness. Although the part of my mind that said this was a normal thing in REM sleep, my newly mated crazed limbic system whispered something else in my mind.

Just as I was about to kiss him, he woke up and gave me an unruly smile. A smile that promised me of hidden intent. And I found myself returning that smile.

*********

Finally, we came out of the shower. While we did not want to let go of each other, real-world was calling to us.

I rubbed my hair with a clean cream coloured towel he had on the shelf. I wore a brown button-up shirt of his that reached my thighs. Sighing, I sat on a chair near the kitchen and yawned.

Aries kept a cup of coffee before me, before filling a mug for himself.

"Better?" he asked.

I smiled. "Yep. Coffee's good."

He shook his head. "I meant how you are."

I inhaled the tantalising scent. "I am as good as I can be. But... I am a bit worried about my pack."

He nodded and sat on the kitchen table opposite me. "It is normal to be."

I sipped the brown liquid. Surprisingly, it had the ingredients in the proportion I loved. "What... what happened to Antlia?"

He closed his eyes. "Jed brought her. She was in a coma. Jed himself in a worse condition. Kaina and Corvus managed to wake Ant up. She threw a huge tantrum to find you and she insisted to be the one to find you."

I chuckled. "And she did not succeed?"

Aries snorted. "I managed to give her to Taurus. He will take care of her. After leaving her there, I could not go back to the pack. I left to find you. Look at how things turned out to be. You found me instead."

Another Warrior. Had I met him in the past? If I meet him now, would I recognise him?

Aries tapped my forehead with the knuckle of his forefinger. "You are a pulsar yourself, Lyra. You are strong enough."

I nodded and finished my coffee. "I still have to find myself. I can't believe that I have not yet 'matured' in the eyes of Luna."

Aries caressed my hair. "You simply can't force yourself. Especially you. From what I gather, Luna had suppressed your Pulsar powers to make you appear as a normal human. Coming to power might take more time for you than the other eleven."