sweetener ending

i'm sad i couldn't finish this story when camille and harry's relationship was just getting started

i'm sad i couldn't finish this story when camille and harry's relationship was just getting started. i mainly took the book chapter by chapter, but the general ideas i had planned out was:
• camille and draco were going to be done for good after his insults to their weasleys
• most of the slytherins were trying to get camille to forgive draco but she wasn't going to budge this time around
• by the end of order of the phoenix, i planned to have harry and camille together officially
• in half blood prince, camille was going to find it really hard to watch draco crumble under the pressure of his father
• she knew for a fact he was an enemy now — he did something he can't ever take back
• but she still frequently worried about him, especially after seeing his physical deterioration due to stress
• she tries to confront him multiple times to check on his condition, but draco refuses her help
• harry can see how torn up camille is about draco continuing to neglect his wellbeing
• he tries to be there for her as much as possible
• however, he can't really help because she feels like she's losing draco like she lost cedric — she could only watch as he succumbed to his fate
• in the end, draco still refused every ounce of help camille tried to offer
• she ends up following the golden trio to find the rest of the horcruxes

i didn't have much planned for deathly hallows, mainly just the ending:
• i wanted a little standoff scene between camille and voldemort in the name of cedric
• camille would tell draco that she and harry would be there for him, no matter what
• camille and harry would have a family of their own post war — one of their children would definitely be named after cedric

here's what i partially wrote for chapter seven:

CAMI,

Your mother and I were sad to hear about the news between you and Draco, but we understand it was in your best interest. We acknowledge that you can take care of yourself despite our constant worries, but we hope you can find friends of your own to console.

Write to us with any more news, we would love to hear about how you're doing.

-Dad

     Camille held the parchment in her hands, sighing as she read it over. She knew her father was lying about the part where they were sad to hear about her breakup with Draco. They were probably jumping for joy when they found out through Camille's letter last week, but she knew that her father found some comfort in knowing that his daughter had someone to look over her while she was away.

     "Cami?"

     Camille turned around to see Daphne standing in the entrance of the Owlery. She held a letter in her hands, probably sending it off to her parents with updates about her and her younger sister, Astoria.

"Oh, hi, Daphne," Camille murmured. She had not really encountered Draco's friends ever since things ended between them. Daphne was close to her when Draco and Camille were dating, but things were different now. Camille was visibly seen speaking to Harry without insulting him — a clear violation at the Slytherin table.

     It was even worse considering rumors were spreading that Harry and Camille were seeking to date one another.

     "Got another letter from Amos?" Daphne acknowledged with a smile, heading over to her owl and handing him her letter.

     "Yeah," she smiled. "Just giving me updates."

     "You don't need to act so awkward around me, Cami," Daphne chuckled. "I'm not really fond about your new friendship with Potter, but I suppose I can look past it for old times' sake."

     "Wow, how considerate of you," Camille replied sarcastically. "Me and Harry have more than just a friendship, Daphne. I'm sure you've heard about it."

     "Of course," she scoffed. "We've all heard about it. Draco won't shut up about it, and how you're allegedly stuck choosing between him and Potter. If you ask me, the answer's pretty clear."

     "I'm not sure your opinion will be unbiased," Camille said, raising an eyebrow.

     Daphne rolled her eyes. "Cami, Draco knows you better than anyone. You've known Potter for what, a few weeks? Draco was with you when everything with your brother went down. Potter was just that guy who was with him when he died."

     Camille's expression twisted into one of anger. "You-"

     "Cami, c'mon. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to tell you the truth. Frankly, all of us want to stop hearing about you when we're eating our meals so I'm just pushing you in the right direction. I know you're scared of what Draco will become, but you don't even know if he'll follow that path yet. Just trust your gut instinct. You know who to choose. He might be a prick, but when it comes to you, he will always put you first."

Camille blinked. It was odd that Daphne was trying to offer her advice — she would usually just throw her smiles from across the table or laugh with her whenever one of the Slytherin boys cracked a funny joke. She had never witnessed such a serious side from Daphne, but she was slightly touched that the girl cared enough to offer her proper insight on the situation.

"I may not agree with you, but thanks, Daphne."

"Of course, Camille."

✶✶✶✶✶

"What have you been doing since Umbridge banned you from playing Quidditch?"

     "Actually trying to complete my homework on time," Harry joked, shoving another piece of chicken into his mouth. "Hermione's been on us about it."

     "And don't you feel better now that your homework is finished on time?" Hermione questioned from her spot next to Camille, one eyebrow raised. Harry waved her off.

     "How have you been, Camille?" Fred asked, his eyes twinkling at the Ravenclaw.

     She shrugged. "I've been doing fine. I'm glad Hagrid's back — Grubbly-Plank was more informative, but Hagrid's a little more fun with his lessons."

     Harry beamed. "I'm glad Hagrid's back as well."

     Fred and George raised their eyebrows. "What a coincidence," they both murmured under their breaths, chuckling with one another. Camille ignored their side comments.

"Aren't you excited that the holidays are coming up?" Camille asked, a huge grin spreading across her face. It would be her first Christmas without Cedric, of course, but it was her favorite holiday, and she was going to try and let it not get the best of her. Hopefully, her mother and father would do the same as well.

     Harry's eyes softened at her prominent excitement. "Yeah, I am."

     "What a coincidence," Fred and George laughed once again. They both smirked at Camille's pointed glare.

this is all i wrote for the next part of camille and harry's story. sweetener was definitely one of my favorite fics to write, so i'm sorry i never got to finish it. please comment your thoughts!