Wanted

After a while Hermione decided to check on Sabrina. She was about to get up when she noticed a blonde head near her daughter. Draco, sat neatly by her child and was actually reading to her. Hermione was in awe, how did she not see him walk in? They were practically near the door. Sabrina was giggling at the way he was reading to her. Hermione smiled. She watched for a bit before she walked over to them. Sabrina was now laughing, "The witch jumped up and got on her broom to go get the bandit. Wretched witch I say, don't you agree little miss?" She heard Draco read and then asked her daughter. "What's going to happen next Draco?" Sabrina asked, this stopped Hermione in her tracts. 

How does she know his name? She stood there in the middle of the walkway. "Well let's read and find out Sabrina." Hermione studied them and started to walk slowly closer. That's when Draco looked up and saw her. His cool blue grey eyes locked onto hers and he froze. Her breath hitched and she was rooted to the spot. Sabrina noticed him pause and looked up at him, then followed his gaze. "Mother!" Hermione looked down at her daughter and smiled and then back to Draco who's mouth was slightly ajar, shock filled his face. "What are you doing baby? Who is this?" Draco stood and nodded to Hermione. "Mother this is my friend Draco. He was reading to me." Sabrina told her mother. 

Hermione nodded back to Draco and he looked straight at her. "You didn't tell me you had a friend at the bookstore Sabrina?" Hermione said without looking away from Draco. His brows furrowed. "She's your daughter?" He asked eyes intensifying even more. Hermione felt herself blush. "Y-yes." She said simply. Draco broke the eye contact when he felt Sabrina tug at his arm as she sat back down. "Draco can you read more?" He shook his head slightly and smirked. "Let's read another time little miss. Why don't you go put this back?" She frowned and nodded. 

He gave her the book and she walked off to go put it back. "Well, well, the Weasel has a kid? I wondered if that was even possible. That must have been the highlight of your life connecting with another being for the first time in real life and not fantasy reading." He snickered, and Hermione just looked at him. He was alluring even when he mocked her life and book preferences. How had she never noticed how muscular his arms looked? His posture was rigid but flowed with his personality somehow making him look soft but hard at the same time. Hermione wasn't making any sense she knew that. He was Draco Malfoy, and she was Hermione Granger they were never supposed to think of one another as dare she consider it, sexy. She was so lost in thought that she hadn't realized how close he was getting to her. "You look good--as a mother--you know." 

Hermione didn't know how to respond, had she just been complemented? She just nodded. She looked at the man standing not a ruler apart from her it dawned on her to ask. "How long have you been reading to her?" He shrugged as he walked past her and stood behind her. "Not long, I had seen her here once or twice and she looked like she needed someone to read to her. I never thought she would have been yours. I just thought it was a nice thing to do." Sabrina was laughing in the distance at something that Ms. Mod had said no doubt. She loved that old lady. "She must like you." Hermione said softly harshly aware of his presence behind her. His breathing was getting faster as she spoke. Highly aware that all she had to do was lean back and she would be bumping into his chest she suddenly felt static running between them both. "Yeah I guess she's alright herself." Draco said shrugging off the compliment. "Draco?" Hermione said and turned to face him not sure why she was doing this. "Hermione." He said softly and gruffly. 

They looked deep into one another's eyes and Hermione felt like she could drown in the sound of his voice. She lifted her hand and hesitantly put it on his chest. She felt him shudder. This brought goosebumps to her as well. Never breaking eye contact she leaned in and so did he. Breaths mingling, every exhale brought on its own danger that was slightly exhilarating to her. "What are you doing to me?" She whispered not realizing that her could hear her. He brought his hand up and grazed her cheek down to her jawline. Licking his lips he looked at hers and looked back to her chocolate brown eyes. 

It felt like time stood still in that moment, nothing else mattered. Hermione felt like her world was starting to get more exciting by the second. She wanted to know how deep he could kiss her. Remembering how she had walked in on him once in the library while he was making out with Pansy Parkinson in 4th year. How he pulled her to him. Only when he noticed they were being watched did he continue to kiss Parkinson while he made eye contact with Hermione. She wondered how he would lustfully take hold of her lips if she was in her position. Roaming her body at the same time, how badly she wanted to feel that if only once in her life. Before she knew what was happening she leaning in closer. Inches away from feeling his what looked like soft lush lips on hers he pulled away and smirked, "I'm not doing anything Doc." She let go of his muscular chest and turned blushing madly. 

Before she spoke she cleared her throat and without looking at him she said, "Thanks for reading to Sabrina." Embarrassed by what had just almost happened she walked away abruptly and found her daughter. Taking hold of her hand Sabrina looked up at her mother and smiled. Hermione smiled back and tugged at her arm "It's time to go my love." They walked out the door without looking back. 

The whole time she felt those grey eyes on her, assaulting her body from head to toe and it made her feel wanted