Raging Acts and Beautiful Skies

Draco went home that day and found his mother in the garden. Narcissa's beautiful long hair was blowing in the wind. She looked peaceful, just like when he was a child as he watched her he thought about the days when everything seemed carefree. 

The sun was not particularly strong that day but he could feel the warmth spread through his sweater. He stood near the roses and watched as his mother looked at the sky smiling and heard her say, "I smell a little curious snake trying to spy on his witch mother.." Draco was only 11. It was the weekend before he had to leave for Hogwarts. He smiled and tried to play it off. "I bet that little snake is really handsome and smells amazing, and that's why so can smell him." She laughed an airy laugh and agreed with her son.

"My what a charming young man I have, why don't you come over here my snake. Come now Draco, sit with your poor old mummy for a while and bask in the warm sun." Draco walked over to her and hugged his mother close, "Mother you aren't old, or poor!" He stopped and looked up at her, "You're perfect, and anyone who says otherwise is a bloody git." His mother smirked and patted the seat next to her, "Now Draco, I am going to miss that smart mouth of yours when your off at Hogwarts. Are you excited?"

Draco nodded and looked straight ahead, "Mother?" Narcissa made a noise that signaled him to continue, "Is-is Hogwarts scary?" She chuckled and shook her head, "Quite the opposite my love, it's magnificent. You know that's where I met your father.." She looked down at her son and he looked up at her curiosity bright in his eyes. "You see I was just 11 like yourself when I first laid eyes on your father. Lucious was 12, he was just perfect. I knew right then and there that I was going to marry your father as soon as our eyes met." She was smiling, lost in her own thoughts.

"Do you suppose I will find the girl of my dreams at Hogwarts?" Draco was now standing next to his mother. "You might, but in order to do so you have to finish packing and be ready." She looked amused, "Everything comes with its own time my snake and only you know who and when that will happen. Now hurry and pack Hogwarts is just around the corner." Draco looked smug, "I'm going to marry the first girl that looks straight into my eyes and takes my breath away, just like father did for you." Narcissa just laughed and hurried him along.'

Little did his mother know that he did fall in love with the first girl that he saw way before she saw him, and oh, did she take his breath away. Still to this day she did that and more. He continued to look at his mother in silence and it was as if time had never passed. Sure she looked older and he hair wasn't as bright as it used to be. Her face had taken a somber look to it and it was stained with worry lines instead of laugh lines. Her body a little more frail and shrunken, but still sturdy.

Even with all the problems his mother was still his mother and she was perfect. He smiled at her and slowly walked over, so not to startle her. "Mother." She jumped a little at how close he was and swatted at Draco's shoulder, "You frightened me." he just chuckled and she smiled at her perfect boy. "What are you doing out here mother?" she looked at the sky and said, "Remembering old times, and getting some sun. I felt a little lonely inside that big house alone." Draco just looked at his mother knowing what she meant.

"Don't dwell on things we can no long change mother it does nothing for your complexion. Why don't you go on inside and take a nap?" She smiled and nodded. "Yes I believe that would be wise." He smiled, helping her up and walking her to the door. Before Draco could walk away, she said without turning to look at her son, "I hope that one day you could let me know who that beautiful witch was.." Draco was confused.

"Pardon?" Narcissa chuckled, "The one who made you loose your breath without having to look directly at you." With that she walked gracefully away. Draco stood there in the garden dumbfounded. His own mother used legilimency on him without his consent. "Bloody witches." He went to sit down again. "I can't ever act on my feelings anyhow mother, she married and I am about to marry someone else. Besides, she's not even really a witch in your standards, but to me she is everything and more." Draco said to himself. Just then he saw something flying towards him. It was a familiar owl. 'Blaise'

----------

Hermione was about to enter her home after a stressful day at work. Fay was waiting right besides the door, "Madame must leave at once." She all but hissed at Hermione. "What is it Fay?" In the kitchen she heard a soft 'uuf' and some crashing. "Tis master.. he seems to be upset." Fay seemed scared. Her little shoulders were trembling. Hermione looked behind her to the kitchen door and wondered if she should go to him or leave him be. "Fay, has he been like this all day long?" Fay nodded and looked behind her. "Mione..I need you.."

She heard sluring through the door. Her heart was aching, he was her husband and she didn't know how to feel she was at a loss for feelings. In a way she was used to this but this time, it was different. Instead of feeling her usual wave of guilt for working all day and neglecting her duties as a wife she simply felt tired, annoyed, and frustrated. "Mistress, Fay can handle master, go on." Hermione was reluctant and Fay noticed, "Little Miss Sabrina, went to stay with The Potters, Fay made sure to owl beforehand and notify them before little miss saw anything." Hermione felt immense sadness for her daughter. "Thank you Fay. Do they know what has happened?"

The little elf looked behind Hermione once more before answering, "Tis not Fay's place to talk ill of her family. They know what is important. Little miss wanted to spend the night and they responded with yes." She looked at her feet and Hermione hugged the little elf. "Fay you really are something special." Fay just hugged her back lightly and smiled. "Mistress, before you go over to The Potters, Miss Luna owled shortly after the little miss left. The letter read she wished to have you over for dinner. " Hermione nodded and apperated to her bedroom to change, she quietly put on her black silk dress, and red flats. Putting her hair up in a messy bun she quickly applied her make up and made sure the bruising was semi covered. It wasn't as noticeable anymore so there was no need to cover it heavily.

She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled hearing the noises downstairs she closed her eyes and let a few tears come down. Feeling sorry for herself, she didn't understand how she let this happen. Before she could fully meltdown she drowned out the noise and cleaned up her face, and reapplied the make up once again. With that she apperated right outside the Zabini Manor. I wonder why Luna has invited me over? She rarely has time to talk anymore let alone have anyone over for dinner. She must be missing me like I her. 

With that happy thought, she walked through the vast gates and up the gravel pathway, up the beautiful stairs straight to the doors. She took a breath and knocked. She heard laughter, and thought about there beautiful little girl, wishing she could have brought Sabrina, but before she could finish that thought the door opened.

'What are you doing here?'

----------