Cold Bed-sheets and Raging Hormones

I woke up to tiny calloused hands brushing my hair out of my face. Fay stood in front of me with a look of deep concern. I tried to speak but my throat felt dry. 'What happened to me?' That's when I remembered. Ronald.  I remember him picking me up and slapping me across the face, the stinging feeling still hot and throbbing on my right cheek and side of my face. He held my arms tightly because I could feel the beginning signs of bruises starting to form. He threw me harshly back on the cold wooden floorboards and I lost consciousness. I don't know what happened after but I was sore all over. 

I snapped back into reality. Looking around the room I was still by the stairs. I moved a little to see how badly I was hurt but was surprised when the only things that really seemed to hurt were my head and cheek. Hermione was puzzled, why wasn't I hurt more?  That's when she noticed. Fay. She was hiding her small form in the shadows away from me after I woke up. "Mistress is alright?" She timidly asked once she noticed I was fully awake.

"Yes. Fay?" I wasn't sure if I was supposed to ask or even if I wanted to know but, "What happened?" I looked at her small frame cower a little at my question. "Mistress and master were fighting. Mistress is alright that is all that matters now." She started to walk away when I noticed her limp. I sucked in a breath that didn't go unnoticed by my tiny house elf. She stopped and semi turned not wanting to look in my direction.

I immediately reached over to grab her and bring her to my chest. I brought out my wand from my boot and whispered, "Lumos". She was bleeding. There was a rather large gash on her bottom lip. Her arm was cradled in a makeshift sling undoubtedly conjured up by the small elf. "Fay." I whispered tears forming in my eyes. "Shh, mistress mustn't be distressed. Fay is alright. I am an elf." She shrugged and looked away from me. I quietly kissed her head. "Episkey," I said and her gash was fixed.

She smiled up at me, "Thank you, mistress." I nodded my head and slowly got up. Suddenly I realized the house was too quiet. Dreading my next question I had to ask. "Where is Ronald?" Fay looked up at me and slowly said, "Mistress must rest. Master has gone." Nodding I looked down the hall to the door then back to the little elf in front of me, I tried protesting but Fay was not having it. "Mistress must work tomorrow." She was right I had forgotten. I nodded and she left.

I turned and slowly made my way upstairs. I was tired my eyes burned with the threats of tears. My head was pounding in my skull and my arms felt sore with every movement. I reached our once quietly comforting room and thought, when did my life spiral out of control? Looking at our lime green comforter I thought of when we first bought it and smiled those memories were good but painful. Slowly walking to the full sized bed I shared with the man I once was so madly in love with, I laid my head down to rest, eyes immediately closing. 'Ron, where are you?'  With that I fell into a dreamless sleep.

- - - - - -

I was sitting in a chair by the roaring fire sipping some firewhiskey trying to loose myself in it. "Oi, mate! Why the long face?" Blaise Zabini was heading my way with a heavily pregnant Luna trailing behind him. "Silencio," with a flick of my hand Blaise was charmed. Wandless magic, something I learned while the Dark Lord was holding residence here. Luna just chuckled. "Hello Draco." Her voice as soothing as ever. "Hello witch. How's the baby?" She smiled and patted her swollen belly, "I can hardly sleep with this busybody moving around constantly."

He grimaced, now that she mentioned it, he did see traces of dark bags under her tired blue eyes. Both ignoring Blasies' attempts at capturing their attention, continued to chat pleasantly. "What are you doing here Looney-bin?" Came a harsh voice walking towards them. At that precise moment the charm wore off and Blaise turned to face a now drunken Pansy. "You better excuse your pug face before I make you leave Pug-inson."