Flying free while blindfolded pt2

Theodore Nott. Lavenders' husband, not only that but, one of the worst people she had ever met in her life. He seemed to have bigger problems than most people she treated. An ex-Death Eater himself. The stories he told her always stayed embedded inside her soul. Which is why she only saw him twice a month. Lavender had plead with her to take him on as a client. She knew that his wife was secretly afraid of him but from what she could tell, he isn't as bad as he would like everyone to know. Lavender is only scared of him because of his nightmares. He becomes a little violent while reliving his trauma which unfortunately is not uncommon among the ex-Death Eater community. 'I'm not saying it's okay, because it's not, but at least he doesn't harm her. At least not like Ron.' She thought to herself.

"Theo. Please, come in. Take a seat." I smiled as he grunted in response. He seemed better than when he first came in a couple of months ago. "How are you today? You look good." She said as she sat down across from him. "If I am being perfectly honest, I myself, feel better than I did when we last we saw each other. I have slept better these past few days." He said nonchalantly inspecting the room. "Lavender is actually sleeping in the bedroom again. The sex is great. We are around each other more." I nodded not letting the details of my secretary and her husbands' sex life bother me. "I'm starting to let go of most of the resentment towards my father. Yesterday, I actually owled him. It had been a while since I last spoke with him. Probably since the Dark Lord made me a Death Eater per his request." I was floored. He made all that progress by himself.

"Wow, I'm. Just. Wow." I was speechless. He looked flatly at me with an eye brow raised. "I'm sorry. I just feel so glad for you." I composed myself and continued. "That is really great news. You have made so much progress by yourself." He nodded in agreement, "Of course, I'm not completely incompetent you know." I chuckled, he could just be so straightforward sometimes. "Theo please, don't misunderstand. I am concerned for you that's all. I'm so glad you are finally coming to terms with what happened and with the outcome of it all. Now, the bigger question is do you think that this...change, in your sleeping patterns happens to be because you are coming to terms with your past? Or, because you are maybe... Perhaps taking sleeping potions?" I cautiously asked knowing his temper might spike.

He huffed and gripped the arm rest tightly clearly caught off guard by my question. He was trying to control his temper. "No. Mrs. Weasley, I am not taking sleeping potions." He spoke threw clenched teeth. "I am however, feeling like I need to be taking sedatives." I looked at him not understanding what he was referring to. "Recently, I have begun to develop a sort of paranoia. I cannot explain why." He said stopping me from asking the question. "All I know is that I have this haunting feeling that Lavender is cheating on me when she is here working for you." He eyed me suspiciously as if trying to catch me in a lie.

"I can assure you Mr. Nott, Mrs. Nott works for me from the hours of 7 am to 5 pm the latest. Any other time frame would be sent to you from her with an official seal from my collection, notifying you of any changes. As for her whereabouts after that time frame, is for you to ask her formally." I looked him in the eye not missing a beat. "If you feel so strongly that this is paranoia, I must say, this is a form of manipulation you are starting to form that is riding on the borderline of domestic violence. Now, I strongly urge you to speak your next words calmly, and cautiously as I am your official therapist. I am obligated to report any form of self or malicious intent you seem to be inflicting on yourself or anyone else."

He looked down and sighed. "No, that won't be necessary. I will ask my wife. You're right the last thing I want is for you to have to call the ministry and have me shipped to Azkaban." He got quiet and I watched as his expression changed. "Lavender is my life now, and I just want her to know that I care. That's why I came when she asked me to, because I love her. I want a family with her, but not until I am better. Why can't I get better faster? I mean look at you. You had a bigger part in the war along with Potter. You're part of the 'Golden Trio' for Merlin sakes. You were tortured and almost died countless times." Hermione flinched at the mention of her torture. "Why are you so put together? How?" He looked at her seeming to lose his calm for a moment.