"I'm not joking." I stop him.

"This is exactly why I can't have you." He sighs, tucking a stray hair behind my ear before walking away.

I wish he'd stop saying that. I wish he could see all the good in himself, but Charlie took that away from him. It takes me a couple seconds to finally walk again. By the time I get back to the terminal, our flight is boarding.

"Ready?" Hayes asks, linking his arm with mine.

"Ready," I say uncertainly as we walk into the plane.

***

"Look at that one!" I say loudly, causing the other passengers to give me dirty looks.

"No, no, no, mine is way better!" Hayes laughs, showing me the picture.

"Not even, look how many chins I have!" I giggle.

We were currently messing around with the photo booth app on our phones, causing our faces to look disfigured in the most hilarious way possible. There really wasn't anything else to do on this plane other than watching a movie I've never heard of along with the rest of the passengers.

"Wait, look at this one." I show him.

"You look like a llama!" He bursts out laughing.

"I try." I laugh along, actually enjoying this flight.

"I'm going to the bathroom," he says, leaving me alone with an empty seat and our disturbing pictures.

I scroll through them again, laughing quietly to myself until someone takes Hayes's seat; and I know exactly who it is.

"My offer is still there," Nash says.

"What offer?" I ask, not bothering to look up.

"To fall asleep in my arms." He smiles, slowly lifting the arm rest.

"Hayes is coming back," I tell him, finally making eye contact.

"No he's not." Nash gives a small chuckle.

"What did you do?" A smile forms on my face.

"Let's just say, he might be in there for a while." Nash laughs, causing me to laugh in return.

"Well?" he asks, opening his arms.

"I'm not tired," I tell him.

"Doesn't mean you don't want to."

I sigh in defeat and rest my head on his warm chest while he wraps his arms tightly around me. I focus on the steady beat of his heart, slowing my breathing down to a relaxing state.

"Do you ever think of the future?" Nash asks me softly.

"What about the future?"

"I don't know, just who you'll end up with and what you'll be doing."

"Yeah, I do," I reply.

A few minutes of silence go by until I finally build up the courage to say, "Nash, show me your pendant."

"Why?"

"Because I want to see it."

"It doesn't match yours, Katya."

"How do you know, you've never seen it."

"Because I'm not right for you." He plays with my hair.

"Then why are you here?"

"Because I want to be right for you."

"You might not be right for me, but you're what I want," I say honestly.

"I'm what you can't have," he says.

"Says who?"

"Says me. I won't put you through that."

"Through what? What Charlie went through? That's not your fault."

"You don't understand."

"No Nash, you don't understand."

I close my eyes as his arms wrap even tighter around me. My eyelids grow heavier by the second and I'm fighting off the sleepiness taking over my body. Just as I'm about to give in to slumber, I hear his soft voice ask, "What don't I understand?"

The list could go on forever. He doesn't understand how he makes me feel inside, how when I'm with him, every spark in my body ignites. He doesn't process the confusion he puts my mind through and how much I love it. He doesn't ponder how many flips my heart makes when his big, blue eyes come into view. He doesn't realize that the fact is:

"I think I'm falling in love with you."