Chapter 23

IMPORTANT- I officially made a twitter (simply_kg_) so I can tell you when I update, maybe some spoilers, answer your questions, that kind of stuff. So you should follow me...😏
.
.
.

Friday; the last day. I wake up eagerly, beyond ready to finish the week. I don't put much effort into my appearance, knowing that someone will come along and ruin it anyways. I pack an extra set of clothes again and head downstairs. Cameron is eating breakfast and my mom is no where to be found.

"Where does she go all the time?" I ask, grabbing a clean cereal bowl.

"Who, Mom? I don't know, but it's starting to piss me off," Cameron tells me.

I nod and begin making my breakfast.

"I'm picking you up today," Cameron tells me when I sit down.

"I thought you were busy."

"I am, but this isn't happening again."

I nod and begin to eat.

"Hey, from what I saw yesterday before the... incident... you didn't look too bad," he tells me.

"Yeah, Elena held the back exit open for me so I avoided the prank. She's gonna do that for me everyday," I say.

"That's great... So you do have a friend then?"

"We'll see... I'm going to her house this weekend," I tell him.

"That's really good to hear. C'mon, you're gonna be late," he says, rinsing out his bowl in the sink.

I nod and follow him out to the car. When I get in, my phone vibrates.

'Please talk to me.'

Nash.

'What?' I send back.

I was ignoring him all day yesterday, not wanting to tell him what happened.

'Why were you crying yesterday?' he replies immediately.

"Ready to go?" Cameron asks and I nod, too consumed with my phone to speak.

'I just missed you guys... and I was sad that Cameron was leaving today.' I lie.

I stare out the window, anxiously waiting on his reply.

'Oh, well I'm sure the guys miss you too... I miss you too...' he sends, and I can tell that he had trouble admitting that he misses me.

"Who are you texting?" Cameron asks me, his overprotective side surfacing.

"Elena," I lie, knowing that if I had told the truth, he would've flipped out.

'Thanks... but I have to go to school so bye.' I send as the building comes into view.

"Thanks Cam," I say, getting out of the car.

"Be careful," he tells me.

I nod before beginning my haste-filled walk towards the back, checking my phone along the way.

'Be safe.'

When I reach the back exit, Elena is waiting there with a smile.

"Thank you so much for doing this," I tell her.

"It's the least I can do, really," she says as we begin to climb the stairs.

"So I was thinking that you could come over tomorrow? I can pick you up," she adds.

"Yeah, that's fine. I'll send you my address later."

"Sounds good. See you tomorrow then," she says, adjusting her glasses before walking to her locker.