~12~

Already thirty minutes have gone by. I'm still pretending to work. The nerves are racing through my body. He could come in at any moment.  And then I hear the sound of the door of the squadroom opening. I turn around and see him standing there. I try not to show how scared I am.

"Captain Morrison, good evening. Can I help you with something?" He steps closer to me until he's right in front of me. But then he says something I didn't expect him to say.

"I know that you know I did it Benson." I hear my own breath shaking. "I know you found my DNA on your clothing. So now I have to make sure your evidence disappears." He looks me in the eyes. He looks calm, too calm for my liking. Then I see him grabbing a gun from his belt and before I can even reach for my gun he has put the gun to my forehead. 

"You too are evidence I need to get rid of Olivia."

And then I finally hear the voice of captain Cragen. "Drop the gun Morrison, or I will shoot you." I want to feel relieved but I don't feel relieved because I see Morrison isn't scared or in shock at all. He just stares at me.

"I have two options." He speaks once again. "First option is that I put down my gun and probably go to jail for raping you. Second option is that I shoot you and go to jail for killing you. Which doesn't really matter in my case because either way I will be losing my job and my wife."

"Put down the gun Morrisson!" Cragen shouts once again. 

And to my surprise Morrison removes the gun from my forehead. I feel relieved. But then he puts the gun to his own head and pulls the trigger. He drops down in front of me. 

Cragen immediately checks his pulse while Fin puts his arms around me. I didn't even notice that I started to cry. Cragen looks up to me and shakes his head. That means he is dead, Morrison is dead. It's all over. Suddenly I feel so tired. My legs can barely hold my body. Luckily Fin notices and pulls over a chair for me to sit on. 

"Are you okay baby girl?" He asks me while handing me a tissue to wipe my eyes. 

"Yeah, I will be." I give him a reassuring smile. 

Cragen puts his hand on my shoulder. "Fin will take you home Liv. Me and Munch wil take care of the rest." I nod and thank him and Munch for everything. 

Together with Fin I walk downstairs to his car. I know IAB will investigate Morrisons death but I do believe we have enough evidence to convince them it was indeed suicide. We have four witnesses and the tapes from the cameras and the voice recorder. So nothing can go wrong with that.

The drive to Elliot's house doesn't take long luckily. As soon as we pull up in the driveway Elliot comes running out of the house. "Liv, you're okay thank god." He pulls me into a hug.

"Bastard shot himself in the head when he realized there was no way out anymore." Fin explains what happened. "IAB has nothing to accuse us of since we have the camera tapes and the voice recorder." Elliot shakes his hand and thanks Fin. Then I hug him and thank him too before he leaves to go back to the precinct.

Elliot pulls me into another hug. "Let's go inside. The kids are all waiting for you." He says.

And indeed when we enter the house all the kids immediately come running towards us and start hugging me. I feel so loved and I know that I want to come home to this for the rest of my life. After Elliot and I have reassured the kids that everything is fine now and that it's over the kids have to go to bed. It is almost midnight after all. 

When all the kids are upstairs Elliot and I sit down on the couch with a glass of wine. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life and I can't wait to start our future together now that everything is over. 

When we finish our wine we decide it's time for us to go to bed too. Now that I'm laying next to Elliot in the bed and I know everything is over I feel this need for him. I want him to touch me. My head tells me it is too soon but my heart says I want him.

I look sideways and notice he's looking at me. "You checking me out?" I ask him laughing. 

He touches my cheek. "You're so beautiful Liv. I can't believe we're finally together."

"I can't either El. But I also can't imagine ever living without you."

He comes closer and starts kissing me. I kiss him back. I feel his hands touching my skin underneath my shirt. I try not to think about it but I can't help but think about Morrison. Elliot seems to notice. 

"You're not ready Liv. I'm sorry. We'll take our time. Let's just sleep now."

"I'm sorry El. I love you"

"You have nothing to be sorry for Liv. I love you more."

He kisses me once more before he puts his arms around me and I snuggle into his chest and drift of into one of the best nights sleep of my life.

Hello everyone, 

Sorry I haven't written in such a long time. I was very busy with school and personal problems going on. But I am back. I trying to upload a new chapter at least every week. I have a lot of ideas left for this story!

X