Chapter 16

"Alexander, please look at me."

Magnus searched for Alec's eyes, trying to get him to focus on anything else than the gun directed at his sister through the door.

"Look at me!"

Alec's eyes flickered from Jonathan to Magnus. Lilith sad in her chair and observed the scene that was going on in front of her. Resting her chin in her hand. Curious at what these two might do next. She enjoyed this little show quite much.

"Alexander. Darling, I have to do this. You know I do. And you just have to keep moving forward. Be strong my love. As I know you will..."

Magnus hoped his subtle message got through to Alec. He had to be discreet so Lilith and Jonathan wouldn't suspect anything.

When Alec finally focused on Magnus, he knew Alec understood. Magnus looked at Lilith.

"I'll go with you. I've made up my mind, but let me kiss Alexander goodbye..."

Lilith gave a single nod and Jonathan untied Magnus.

For a second, he considered to take down Jonathan, but it was too dangerous. He couldn't risk the gun going off, or Lilith killing Alexander before he could knock out Jonathan.

He crawled towards Alec, pulled him onto his lap and hugged him tight.

"I love you Alexander. I always will..."

He kissed those lips that he adored so much and could taste the salt from both their tears. Alec ran his hands repeatedly through Magnus hair when they kissed. Messing it up even more. There were no more spikes.

"I'll never stop loving you Magnus. You are my one and only..."

Alec whispered without removing his lips from Magnus'.

"I know... but just keep moving forward..."

Jonathan yanked Alec away from Magnus and Lilith pulled Magnus to his feet.

"Now my prince, we need to exit. Luckily Jonathan knew you were expecting company, so he came prepared.

Jonathan tied Alec too a chair and found a bag with ropes and repelling gear.

Within minutes, Jonathan had it all prepared for them to escape through the balcony.

Alec could hear Izzy banging at the door, yelling at them, but he had no more fight in him. No words. Nothing. He just stared at the doors, Magnus had disappeared through.

Suddenly the front door slammed against the wall, tearing up the frame and Simon rushed through. He had kicked it open.

Izzy ran past her boyfriend and straight for Alec.

"oh my god... What happened?"

Simon headed for the balcony, looking down. He came back inn with the rope they had used. Holding it up for Izzy to see.

"Alec, who was here?"

Alec shook his head. He couldn't tell them. He couldn't risk them knowing anything. This was his problem. And he knew what he had to do. Magnus had told him.

He had to keep moving forward. Moving forward with their plan. He just had to contact Luke and tell him that things had changed a bit. Magnus was now deeper undercover than before, and not able to make contact.

Well not like normal anyway.

But Alec knew about the hollow tree in the park that Magnus had used to contact Ragnor, and he knew that it was their only chance of communicating.

Izzy and Simon kept trying to get Alec to talk, but he refused. In the end they brought him to the hospital. Fearing he would relapse and loose his memories once more.

And Alec knew he had to pretend, that it was exactly what happened. It was the only way his bulldog of a sister would stop asking about what happened.

------

Entering Edom, Magnus got pushed into a chair while Lilith slowly placed herself gracefully on the chair at the end of the table. Her throne. Jonathan walked over and stood beside her. Resting his hand on her shoulder.

Magnus glared at them. Repulsing piece of shits.

"I expect you to be completely devoted to me and my son now. If you make contact too anyone from your previous life, I will kill them and make you watch."

"I understand my queen..."

Magnus played the role he had too. Although he still let his hatred shine through. They wouldn't believe him if they couldn't tell how pissed he was. They weren't stupid.

"You will live in you father's apartment, and you will not leave it unless I give you permission. Jonathan will bring you what you need."

Jonathan walked around the table and yanked Magnus to his feet, dragging him towards the apartment building.

Magnus could feel the hatred and disgust dwelling up inside.

I can't wait to kill you some day!

Magnus had no doubt that the only way to stop Jonathan was to end his life, and even though he had never killed anyone before, he was sure that he wouldn't mind killing this one.