Chapter 31

Two men grabbed Magnus and twisted his arms behind his back. He hardly resisted. He felt numb. The woman that now was bleeding on the floor, life running out of her, had clearly been someone Alec trusted.

I'm the reason she is dead...

When they started dragging him towards Edom, he just followed. He could feel his spirit, his will to fight, breaking. What was the point? The woman clearly had a message for him. something so important that Alec couldn't tell him in the letters. Everything seemed to go to hell fast.

Yesterday he had felt like he had lost a piece of himself when he almost had killed Robert. He couldn't recognize himself anymore. And this life... it wasn't what he wanted. How had he been dragged into this?

All he ever wanted was to live his life in piece with his Alexander. The love of his life.

Entering Edom he saw Lilith taking her place at the thronelike stool like always. The table that usually was placed in front of it was now removed. Making the room like very much like a real throne room.

That woman is delusional...

By her right hand was Jonathan. Magnus could tell by his clenched jaw, that something was bothering him. But right now he didn't really care. He had no longer any will to fight for survival anymore. He was drained. Had given up. If Lilith would kill him, or perhaps even make Jonathan do it, so be it.

The two men pushed Magnus down on his knees. Making him kneel before the throne.

"My sweet prince. You have been foolish to think I would ever trust you enough to let you run around without supervision. Every minute of every day, someone has been watching you. Even when you went out to collect your little love letters from the boy... what is his name?"

Lilith looked towards Jonathan.

"Lightwood. Alexander Lightwood."

Jonathan answered between gritted teeth, never looking away from Magnus. Something in his voice made Magnus look up at him. catching his glare. He could see real hurt in jonathans eyes. Hurt of betrayal? Or something else? Magnus had no idea. He had actually seen Jonathan as a friend and he kind of thought that Jonathan had felt the same way. Or maybe even more judging from his behavior last night. Maybe that was the reason he looked hurt? Maybe he had just found out that Magnus still loved Alec.

Suddenly Magnus felt the need to apologies. He felt like he actually had led Jonathan on. And that had never been his intention.

"Jon. Please listen to me. I'm sorry..."

"SILENCE!"

Lilith eyes glared with hatred.

"You will not manipulate my poor son anymore! He deserves a lot better than a simple peasant like you!"

Gracefully she made her way towards him.

"You will never speak to him again. You will never see him again. You will only be able to sense his presence if he allows you too. If it was up to me you would be dead by now, but he has asked me to spare you. Clearly he has plans with your body. So I will only remove your tongue and your eyes and then leave your destiny up to him."

She grabbed Magnus' hair and yanked back his head. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a long knife being scolded with fire.

"This knife will cut off you tongue in one quick swoop. The heat from the blade will make it glide through the muscle like butter. Sounds good?"

Lilith reached out to take the knife but Jonathan had taken it.

"My boy. Do you wish to do the honors?"

Lilith yanked magnus' head I jonathans direction. Slowly Jonathan approached them. Magnus closed his eyes. Filled his mind with memories of Alec. Tried to feel the happiness he had felt with him.

Then he heard the sound of a blade digging into flesh, and his head got tugged down towards the ground.

When he felt his body dropping onto the floor he opened his eyes. Right in front of his was Lilith. Eyes wide open, blood dripping from her mouth. The knife sticking out of her chest while her hand still was clenching onto his hair.

"Goodbye Mother. I'll see you in hell!"

Jonathan yanked her hand pout of Magnus' hair and pulled him to his feet. Magnus stared frightened towards Lilith's men. Waiting for them to attack, but nothing happened.

"No worries my love. They answer to me. The true king of Edom. We all wanted Lilith to go away. And now I want you to rule this place with me. What do you say Mags? Take your rightful place at my right hand?"

-----

While Izzy and Madzie were making breakfast, bonding over the cooking, Alec started unpacking the rest of Madzies bag. In a small pocket inside it was a letter with his name on it. It was clearly from Catarina. The letter contained a map on how to find Edom. Alec new instantly that it was Catarina's way of helping him, if she would fail, but he couldn't wait and see if she succeeded. Now that he knew how to find Magnus, he had to go.

"IZ!"

Alec hastily crossed the apartment and gathered his things. He grabbed the old bow he had used in contests for what seemed like a lifetime ago. Now it was just something that decorated the wall. He removed the painting from the wall next to it revealing a safe.

"Alec, what's wrong?"

Izzy come running in with flour in her hair. Madzie right behind her.

"I have to go for a little while. Take care of Madzie till I get back, okay?

Alec pulled out the quiver from the safe, running his fingers over the arrows, making sure they were still sharp.

"Alec. You are scaring me. Where are you going?"

Izzy grabbed his arm when he went towards the door.

"Iz. Please. I don't have time for this. Just please do as I ask."

Alec pulled his arm from her grip and opened the door.

"Madzie, sweetie. I'll be back soon. I promise."

He kissed her on her forehead and ran down the stairs. Taking two steps at a time.

When he reached the streetshe pulled out his phone and dialed Luke's number. No way in hell he was goingin without backup. Not now that someone was relying on him