Chapter Four : Wedding Planner

I sat in the sitting room of Nottingham Cottage and watched as Harry work on helping Meghan's transition be as easy as possible.

He already began interviewing different men and women for her RPO's and also a team of highly qualified men and women that will make up Meghan's team.

Harry has invited me over to start planning the wedding and maybe provide some incite.

"Thank you for being so patient with me while finished up with my work." Harry said.

"No problem, I'm glad to see you want to help prepare Meghan for her future role." I said.

"I heard about Johann and you. I was sure that things would work out between you two." Harry said.

"Harry, I'm not fit for this family. I cannot be molded into something that I am not." I said.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"Harry, I love Meghan and you very dearly but this is marriage you both are entering will face so much from racism to just plain scrutiny. I know you will do your best to stand up for Meghan and that's why I ended things with Johann. I cannot handle the type of storm that will come your way. I cannot be the princess who dresses a certain way and have to follow so many rules." I answered.

"Thyra, you were a beauty queen. You would thrive in this family. You know who to work a crowd and say the right things. Your love for Johann should out weigh the expectations of this family." Harry said.

"Exactly, I was a beauty queen and I do not ever want to relive those days." I said.

"Would you ever reconsider getting back together with my brother?" Harry asked.

I sighed and closed my eyes before opening to stare at Harry.

"No." I answered.

"Okay, I'm here." Meghan said as she entered the room.

"Let's go into the lounge." Harry said, standing up as he leads us into the lounge.

"That's a lot of people." I said as I stared at the four dry erase boards set up in the lounge. Each one of the boards was already labeled.

One for the bridal party, Harry's immediate family and friends, Meghan's immediate family and friends, and one for the members of the charities that Harry and Meghan were planning to invite to their wedding.

"I've asked William and Johann to be my supporters." Harry said.

"And Thyra has agreed to be my maid of honor." Meghan said as she looked over at me with a smile.

I smiled back at her.

"Granny will have more of a formal list for helping us decide who is to receive an invite." Harry said.

"So, why are we looking at these boards then?" I asked.

"Because we're having trouble filling in my side." Meghan answered, sadly as Harry placed his hand of hers and squeezed lightly. It gave her reassurance that Harry would make her feel like family.

"We could invite my parents. They could sit with your mom. You know my mom loves her some Doria." I said, smiling.

"That would be perfect." Meghan said.

"See I told you she was the best person to be here with us." Harry said.

Right in the middle of everything William had come into the room. Harry gestured for his older brother to sit next to him.

"Sorry, I'm late how are things going?" William asked as he looked at the boards and all the papers and pictures on the large conference table.

"Absolutely wonderful." Harry answered as Meghan and I smiled at William.

"Catherine wanted to be here but Charlotte may have a slight cold." William said as he started looking at pictures.

"Oh no, how she is?" I asked.

"A little irritable but fine for now." William answered.

Then Johann walked into the room.

"Sorry, I'm late my engagement run a little longer than I expected." Johann said as the tension the room raised as Meghan looked over at me.

I smiled and looked down at the papers in my hand.

"No worries, you haven't missed much. We're looking at churches now." Harry said.

"Why don't you guys get married in Westminster Abbey?" William asked.

"No, they need a church that represents them. Westminster Abbey won't allow them to make changes like placements for the flower arrangements." I answered.

"How do you know that?" Johann asked.

"I just know." I answered as I placed a picture of St George's Chapel on the board. "This is your church." I said.

"St George's chapel." Harry said.

"It has special meaning. Harry was christened there and Windsor is your favorite place, Meghan." I said.

"I have the best maid of honor, ever. She remembers very thing we say." Meghan said, smiling.

"Hey, I wanted to be a wedding planner when I was sixteen so I would watch everything that had to do with weddings and how to plan one." I said, smiling.

"And why didn't you become a wedding planner?" William asked.

"I fell in love with business and took over my dad's company plus I was doing pageants until I was 23, but wedding planning will always be my first love so as long as I can live out my dream of being a wedding planner through Meghan and Harry's wedding. I'll be satisfied." I answered.

"Now let's move on to colour scheme." Harry said.

"Definitely has to be spring colours." Meghan said.

"What about white, yellow and green?" Johann asked.

"That's perfect." Meghan answered.

"And we can take the wedding portraits in the Green Drawing Room at Windsor Castle." William said.

"The color green as a main theme scattered throughout the shoot will pull the whole portrait together." I said.

"Maybe planning this wedding won't be as hard as I thought." Harry said.

"Harry, you'll jinx the wedding." Johann said.