4. The 98th Annual Hunger Games

I hadn't realized I had slept in so late when Sienna barged into my room, chirping to me that breakfast was ready. I groaned, throwing a pillow over my head. The bed felt so comfortable, I didn't want to leave it. I considered begging Sienna to have somebody bring me breakfast in bed, but then I didn't bother. She probably wouldn't do it anyway.

Lazily, I picked my head up, blinking the goop away from my eyes. I had fallen into a deep sleep that I either dreamed but forgot what I dreamed about, or I didn't dream at all.

I dragged myself into the bathroom to throw water on my face to wake me up. My eyes were less bloodshot, so that was a good sign, yet my body still felt tired. Tired? From what? Doing nothing since two days ago, I reminded myself. That was the last time I trained with Dad.

With some of my hair a little damp, I went in a regular t-shirt and sweats. I did not want to be caught in that fancy nightgown from last night in front of Bane or Ross. The last thing I needed was comments on it.

Still not fully awake, I walked into the room where Sienna was setting my plate next to Bane, who looked slow when eating. Wonder how long he stayed up until last night. I also wondered how many more Hunger Games tapes he watched last night, too.

Ross sat across from me, Sienna on the end of the table. I lightly picked at my food. Shockingly, I wasn't really hungry today. It was weird. I usually ate a lot a home but never gained weight because I was constantly training.

Ross finished before us; Bane seemed to finish last when eating.

"I'm sorry, but I have to ask," Sienna whimpered. "Bane, did you not get enough sleep?"

"I don't think I did," he mumbled tiredly, yawning hugely. I almost yawned because of him—seeing people yawn often made me do it even though I never felt tired.

"What were you doing last night?"

"Watching past Games," I said. Bane nodded. "I only watched one with him." I looked at him. "How many more did you watch?"

"At least two more." He rubbed his eyes. "Watching past Games and taking notes really wears a guy out."

"If you felt tired then you should have gone to bed earlier," Sienna said quietly, wiping her fingers off with a napkin.

"I couldn't. I wasn't sure how much time we'd have today because we're going to be in the Capitol." He shrugged. Bane looked about ready to pass out.

"Bane, go back to bed," I suggested. "It's not worth you trying to stay up when you're exhausted. You need to be at your best, like all us Careers do." I hated saying that I was a Career, but it was the truth. I still wouldn't accept being in the pack, but I would slowly warm up to acknowledging myself as a Career.

"What happened to the Crystal I saw yesterday?" Ross chuckled.

"She's still here, don't worry," I grumbled.

"Crystal's right, Bane," Sienna chirped, "go back to sleep."

"I'll watch the last two Games and take notes," I told Bane. "If taking notes means that much to you, I'll take over."

"I'm with Ross, what happened to the sassy girl from yesterday?" Bane chuckled tiredly. He rose, sluggishly leaving the room. I felt kind of bad for Bane.

"If you're watching the other two Games, I might as well watch, too," Ross said. Yay, just what I want to do, I thought bitterly. "I can give you additional tips as well."