27

Jayda
He looked at me but I wouldn't look back at him. I just made the decision to come back home, I didn't need anymore on my plate right now.
-
"Jayda, why you asked me to come with you?"

I shrugged, we were in my hotel room. I was gathering my things and he was waiting by the door.

"You don't know?"

"No."

"Stop cleaning for a second and look at me."

I stopped cleaning but I didn't move from my spot on the bed. I didn't want to look at him.

"Look at me Jayda."
He'd walked into the room with me and stood over me then placed his hand under my chin so I would look at him.
"Tell me what you want me to do. I'll do whatever you want, just tell me."

"I don't want you to do anything."
He nodded then let go of my face and walked back to his spot at the door.

I finished packing quickly and pushed my bags towards the door. He grabbed all of them and left out the hotel leaving me to walk behind him.

While he went to the car I checked out and then joined him in the car. He was leaning towards his door of the car so I knew he was upset.

I could move past when we first met because I did before but he was a cheating the entire time and has a child on the way.

"Why'd you cheat the whole time?"
He looked at me from the corner of his eye then back to the road
"Is the baby yours?"

"I don't know Jayda."

"You don't know why you couldn't stop cheating on me?"
He waved his hand lightly then continued to drive in silence.

"No. I want to know. You don't get to sit in silence."
I pushed him hard making him almost swerve the car

"Keep yo fucking hands to yo self!"

"Or what? You gone hit me back?"

He placed the car in park quickly making it jerk. I quickly placed my hands on the dashboard then stared at him.

"Dont ever say no stupid shit like that in yo life! This why I kept cheating! I couldn't let you take me seriously, I fucked up the first day I fucking met you! Ain't no coming back from that shit."
He calmed down some
"So no, I won't hit you back. I won't even touch you again, ever."

"I didn't mean to say that."

"Yeah you did, we here. Go in, I'll grab everything."

Clarence
I brought her stuff from the car upstairs to her room. She was sitting in the middle of the bed just looking at me.

"What Jayda?"
My tone was much more harsher than I intended but I was upset

"I still love you."

I walked over the the edge of the bed and sat down with my back towards her.
"I know. I love you too that's why I got to stay away, you need to find better."

"Why can't you be better?"

"I already fucked up. Ain't no starting over."