09

Black
I ended up staying at Queen's a little longer than I expected to. It had been 3 hours and I had just picked up Jayda's food.
-
I walked in the house to Jayda sitting on the couch watching TV. She had a mug in her hand of what I'm guessing was coffee.
I went into the kitchen to warm up our food.

"Where you been? I'm hungry."

"Handling business, I got your food though."
I took it from the microwave and handed it to her along with the big ass cup of fruit

"Thank you."
I laughed she was already stuffing her face with fruit

"You need to do something today?"

"I need new scrubs. Since I'm off 'probation' at the spa, I can start wearing my own choice of scrubs."

"Probation?"

"I've been there for over three months so they're giving me a break. I've been wearing the same ugly blue scrubs every weekend."

"What are you going to school for?"

"To be an esthetician. You know work on people's face, facials, chemical peels and all that."

"I thought that was a dermatologist."

"The face is only one the area a dermatologist works on but we specifically work on the face."

I nodded, I found it real attractive that Jayda was so smart. I never had the motivation to go to college.

"What do you do?"
She asked before stuffing a piece of watermelon in her mouth

"I think you have an idea already."
She nodded
"I do bad shit, mama."

"I know but all of it isn't bad, right?"

"No, not all of it. Just most of it."

"Is it bad because it's illegal or is it bad because it harms people?"

"Most of it is bad because it's illegal, some of it involves hurting people."

"Then it isn't all bad then."
She laughed and fed me a mango

"You want to see the good in me so bad, huh?"

"It's not hard to see what's already there."

I smiled at her making her gasp.
"What?"

"You smiled for the first time."

"I've smiled before."

"Not that I've seen. It's beautiful, you're so handsome."

I laughed, Jayda was too good for her own good. I'm the worst type of nigga there is and she think she see good in me. I murder niggas, rob niggas, and do illegal shit, there isn't no good in me.

"Let's just focus on you being good, ok?"

She shrugged.
"I've been good my whole life. I want to be bad, at least a little bit."

"You are bad. Bad as hell." I smacked her ass

"Not bad like that."

"I know what you meant. There's enough bad muthafuckas in the world Jayda, be a good one."

Jayda didn't need to change, she was on track in life. There aren't many of us on track anymore out here.