20

Jayda
The night consisted of finishing a whole bottle of wine by myself and a long phone call. It was 12 in the afternoon, I fell asleep around 4 am. I didn't have a hangover but I had a mild headache. I took two more Advil before showering and getting dressed in comfortable clothes.

I wasn't hungry, I didn't really have an appetite. Plus I didn't want to walk out my room and see Clarence. He should have left last night honestly, he must know that we aren't together anymore.

The more I think about it the more I realize he went and fucked her then came home to me. Queen wasn't even that cute, she was a sloppy bodied long face bat that had nothing on me. I laughed to myself, I couldn't wait to get away.

Clarence
I got dressed early in the day around 12pm and left the house. I headed to Ace's house, we had to go see Jordan.
-
"So what happen?"

"I took her to see Jordan on some selfish shit. Jordan is mad as fuck and I doubt me and Jayda still together."
I shrugged not really wanting to talk about it
"Fuck it though. I'm good."

He nodded in understanding.
We were in the parking of the police station about to head in.
-
"This seems simple enough. The first payment is in a few days."
We sat across from a fat black cop that looked like all he eat is donuts. He approved of the drop off spot and the release of Jordan when we dropped off the second payment.

Once he left out we all sat at the table in silence. Jordan was staring at me like he was thinking hard about something.

"What nigga?"

"Nothing."
He waved me off
"I need the contract that we signed off on. It's in the safe in the back of my closet in an envelope. It's only one envelope in there so it shouldn't be hard to find."
I nodded.
"Nah. Ace I want you to do it. The code is my sisters birthday, do you know it Black?"
I shook my head.
"Tuh. It's 05 28."

He laughed a bit. I knew this nigga ain't approve of what me and Jayda had going on especially after lastnight but damn.

I got up and headed out. Ace followed me out a few minutes later. We drove to Jayda's house and I let Ace go in. I knew Jayda ain't want to see me and seeing her would be hard too so I stayed outside.

I really ain't mean for shit to get so deep. It wasn't in the plan to catch hella feelings for Jayda and it damn sure wasn't in the plan to be fucking Queen. But that's how shit go. Queen wasn't worth losing Jayda over or even Jordan. Although I acted like I was cool with Jayda I knew I wasn't good enough for her. I ain't the type of nigga she need, I ain't good for her. I'd probably fuck her life up and make all her hard work mean nothing. She didn't need a nigga like me so maybe this for the best.

"Aye! The safe empty."

"What? Did you ask Jayda?"

"That muthafucka empty, the whole house."

I waved him into the car and left the house. Jayda's car was here so she had to be home. Plus it wasn't my place to look her anymore, hope she good though.

It was later in the afternoon and Ace had to get ready for his get together tonight for the fight. So we were chilling at his house for a while.

"What you mean the house was empty?"

"No one was home."

"You knocked on her door?"

"It was wide open."
I nodded.
"Why you so worried? You love her or something?"

"Yeah."
I was deep in thought, I needed to know she was good. She could take care of herself for the most part but Jordan said I could've put her in danger. That right there wasn't my cue to leave her alone but again I'm being selfish.
"Fuck. Did the house look fucked over?"

"Nah. It was normal. It just looked like she ran some errands or something."

"Her car was in the driveway."

"Maybe she took an Uber."
I side eyed Ace before shaking my head
"Or someone came to pick her up."

I had no idea which was going on, I just hoped she'd be home later. I was going to stay at the house with her but give her space. I'll be tucked in that room for the most part and I'll only really be there to make sure she safe, just till Kyng get home.

Jayda
It was going on 6pm in the evening, I had my hair braided up earlier in the day and now I was on a flight to the Virgin Islands. I'd been here once before with Jordan and I really enjoyed the peacefulness that it brung, so I'm going back for a week or so.

A week would give me some time to sort out my life and properly plan my next few steps. I hadn't went to school in a few days and I was taking a vacation week. I was thinking about taking a semester off so I could really sort things out and begin my life on my own. It was honestly a lot to think about and a lot of life changing decisions will be made over this next week.

I already decided to move out. Living with Jordan any longer was out of the question, he was okay this whole time and couldn't let me know. Not to mention he forbid my own boyfriend from telling me anything obviously. He couldn't even call or send a sign, so I'll do the same. When I move out I'll make it a point to disappear and keep where I stay hidden.

Moving and ghosting was already decided but the details were still and blur and that's what I had to work out.

"You good twinkle toes?"

"Yeah."

Chris was tagging along with me on this trip. At some point lastnight when I was taking down that bottle of wine he called to ask about lunch. I tried to pull myself together the best I could but I wasn't too convincing. Then to make me feel better he explained how I wasn't alone and his child's mother was cheating on him and could possibly be pregnant by another man. I invited him on this getaway just to have some company. It's strictly friendly anyway, no harm.

Although it was nice having him here for company, he made me think about Clarence a lot. I missed him.

I felt my eyes wanting to water again so I shut them. After a few seconds Chris pulled me close to him and threw his arm around me.

"It hurts now but it gets better with time."