Chapter 21: The Texts & The Gift

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Sal isn't training me. Jared is, and frankly I think Jared is better than Sal any day," he seethed.

Jared was hired by Sal back in June, shortly before I came to America. Jared was big on the underground MMA scene, and was known to fight dirty, ignoring the rules. I didn't like Jared one bit, as his personality matched my brothers: egotistical, selfish, and an all-around asshole. I chose to leave it, knowing if I continued to engage my brother he wouldn't back down, and I didn't want any more stress from him right now.

I finished my cereal and put the empty bowl in the sink along with my glass and walked out before my brother could say anything else to me. I headed back up to my room to lay down for a while, knowing that I wouldn't have to get up and show my face again until at least noon.

I heard Minnie whining behind my mom's entrance door to her rooms so I went over and opened it, letting her out. She yipped happily, following me up the stairs to my room. Minnie was technically my dog, but she stayed in my mother's rooms most of the time. My mom had a maid that helped her dress every day and was much like a personal assistant, and she also took care of Minnie when my mother and I weren't home.

I slipped off my slippers and crawled back into bed, grabbing my phone off the side table. I forgot about Minnie for a second there, who sat at the side of the bed yipping at me to let her up. I chuckled, leaning over to grab her, pulling her up with me. She snuggled into the crook of my arm, and I pulled the sheet up to cover her up. She wasn't allowed in bed with me often, but when she did, she often liked to sleep like a human. The bed was big enough anyway, since I rarely slept in the middle, and instead I kept to the right side.

I unlocked my phone, looking at the wallpaper on my screen. I had gotten a picture of Y/N and I the other night, as she cuddled into my chest on her porch after dinner. I left the flash off, choosing to let the soft light from the porch light illuminate us, and it turned out great. You could see my head bent down resting gently on top of hers with a soft smile on my face as her face and hands are buried into my chest. That moment is one of my favorites, and I am glad I captured it. I used to be into photography and would often go on walks back in South Korea to take pictures, but I gave it up a few months before we moved. Taking secret pictures of Y/N gives me the urge to start up my photography hobby again. I'll have to find where I put my camera and equipment.

I opened up my text message inbox, selecting her name.

9:04 a.m.     Me: Good morning, beautiful. I trust you slept well last night?

9:08 a.m.     My Babygirl: I did. I'm actually still in bed. You?

My ears perked up at this. I wondered what she looked like when she first woke in the morning.

9:08 a.m.     Me: Send me a picture of you right now?

9:09 a.m.     My Babygirl: Eww. Why. I look horrible.

9:09 a.m.     Me: Don't make me beg, Y/N.

9:09 a.m.     My Babygirl: You? Beg? That would be the day. I figured you'd just order me to do it :P.

9:10 a.m.      Me: I'm feeling nice today. Send the snap, woman.

9:10 a.m.      My Babygirl: Nah. I think I'd rather hear begging.

I groaned, making Minnie lift her head to look at me. I leaned my head down to kiss her little head, saying "Women, amirght?"

9:11 a.m.     Me: Y/N.... please. Pretty please baby?

I laid there waiting for a response but nothing came. I was about to give up and close my eyes for a bit when a new message came in.

9:11 a.m.      My Babygirl: You are sexy when you beg. I like it.