Chapter 16

I know this is a short- very short chapter and I'm sorry for it. Next one will be longer and updated sooner. Sorry for the long wait.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

All arrangements had been made. Jake and I were to be wed on the day of our graduation on the local community hall. Soon after, we would get ready again and leave for the dance. My parents decided to take Jake's suggestion and decided to chaperone the evening along with Mr. Middleton. Jake's mom wasn't pleased when she heard the news, but she finally settled in and accepted it as well.

My parents still weren't too thrilled either. But it's our life and we wanted to spend it with each other. I was eighteen and he's nineteen. We were legally old enough too. Not even the law could stop us, unless Jake was really a girl. That way I'd be marrying a girl and it's not legal. 'Sigh'.

"Earth to Ashley," Jake said waving his hands in front of me. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at my life in front of me. "Do you like it?" he asked showing me a design of a dress his parents have decided to buy me as their wedding gift. In fact, my parents didn't have to spend anything at all. The truth was, they were financially low at the moment. I didn't know where all the money they had saved up for me to go to college went to, but they told me that it was no longer available.

I felt that they were angry with me for marrying Jake, and that's why they forbid their money to me. But Jake somehow took control of the situation and decided to pay for it all. He did have a lot of money for himself, especially after the final settlements.

Jake's parents were officially divorced now. Jake lived with his dad but still stayed in touch with his mom. It was his mother after all. She was more sympathetic towards the situation although she didn't regret cheating. She said there was no spark in her marriage. Like was there a spark when she was playing hooker? And no, I did not say that to her. But Jake did. It was the first time Jake's dad, Mr. Middleton, actually smiled through the whole dilemma.

"Of course I like it. It's beautiful," I told Jake, "it's exactly what I want. Simple and perfect."

"Like you." I blushed at his comment and snuggled closer to him.

"I love you Jake."

"I love you Ash."

I drifted away to my thoughts and fear overtook me again.

"I'm afraid," I admitted.

"Of what," he asked leaning his hand on his hand.

"Of things getting messed up."

"How so?"

"Everything is perfect, yeah?" He nodded. "What if something bad happens? We are so happy and I read somewhere that if you are too happy, something is bound to make you cry. I don't wanna cry Jake."

"Whoa hold up there. When did Ashley Jake McAllen," he said winking, "believe in these type of fairytale stories?"

"Ever since my life turned into one. It's everything I wished for and more."

"I will never let anything or anyone hurt you. I promise." When I didn't look compromised, he said again, "I promise. Do you trust me Ash?"

"I always do Jake."